Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: bsod problems with x1900xt and new psu

riiaku Guest

Default bsod problems with x1900xt and new psu

i just bought a brand new psu and installed it its a silverstone 850 watt, and im still haveing the same problem i had with my last system is now plaguing my new one, its the same bsod error, 0x005 and its annoying, somtimes the computer starts up and it says ntldr not found or something press ctrl alt del to restart, and its the same problem as my last system, so i dont know how this problem could have carried over to my new one. could it be a virus? should i just do a low level formatting, wipe it down to the zeros or what? cause im going crazy i cant play some of my games withouta bsod, ati3duag.dll, my last system was a nvidia card but same error code, so what could it be?

2 HDs raid 0, asus p5w dh deluxe, E6400 core 2, ocz plat rev 2 pc6400 2 gigs, 2 dvd drives, 2x 120mm fans, 2x 80mm fans, upgrading to creative xfi fatalyty, cooler master stacker case, 2x 17" LCDs, soon upgradeing to a 32" LCD tv to use as computer monitor, saitek eclipse, and logitech mx1000, all hooked up to a denon avr 2805 receiver, with energy, jbl, and infinity 5.1 sound system hooked up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did you ran a memtest86 or/and HCI Design Memtest?
    BTW for your system at stock speeds a brand 400-430W PSU is enough.

riiaku Guest

great, people in other forums were telling me i need a 750 watt or an 850 watt, sooo much hype, well if i ever decide to run crossfire and overclock my cpu ill definitly need more power, plus ill be running my computer as a tivo box htpc so ill need to get a 500 gig HD from WD and also one more hitach 160 gig for a raid 5. also im gonna replace the 2 120mm fans with panaflows and get another 120mm and a 80mm panaflo, and also get a new heatsink with 120mm fan, and an artic cooling acclero so i can make my system well cooled and quiet, also im gonna be getting a xfi so is that good?

I ran a windows memory diagnostic for like 20 min and it ran fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by riiaku View Post
    ...well if i ever decide to run crossfire and overclock my cpu ill definitly need more power...
    Agree, but still a long way till 850W.
    Anyway, I'd say that it's not a PSU problem here. Did you do a fresh install with format?
    Try Check/reseat/change SATA cable.
    What software do you have installed? A Norton something by chance?
    Try to load defaults in BIOS (especially memory timings if they're changed).
    Oh, and post entire BSOD code here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

Well, you know it's not a PSU problem because:

1. You have way more power than you need.
    2. It's the EXACT same problem, same error message as the last PSU you had.
    3. You're getting an NTLDR error on boot up when GPU load in next to nothing, which means your problem probably has nothing to do with either the video card or power supply.

List ALL system specs.

I realize your memory passed a memtest, but I've had bad RAM pass memtest. If you have two sticks, try one stick at a time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

are you trying to use the same OS install on your new system?
    Rig 1: Phenom II X2 550-Asus M5A78L-MLX--2x4 Patriot DDR3 1333--Asus Formula HD4770--Enermax Triathlor 450--LG Flatron W2252TQ--Win 10 x64
    Rig 2: Core i3 6300--Asrock Z170M Extreme4--2x8 Adata DDR4 2400--EVGA GTX 750Ti--Corsair CX500M--Corsair Hydro H55--Windows 7 x64

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrWicked1968 View Post
    are you trying to use the same OS install on your new system?
    I know what you're thinking, but I think when that happens you get an NTLDR error that NEVER goes away. At least he can get past it eventually.

But that does give me an idea... you have more than one drive in there. Take out the non-boot drive.

Not sure why you listed what you're planning on upgrading to because it doesn't help address your current issue, but if anything in your list of goodies is non-essential (physics cards, add-in sound cards, tuner card, etc.) then you need to remove them too.

The best medicine for troubleshooting is a process of elimination.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question:

Your Windoze is probably FUBAR. Did you try a repair-install or a fresh install. To isolate the problem (i.e software v/s hardware), I'd suggest reinstalling Windoze on a fresh small cheapo IDE HDD and see if you can replicate the problem. At this point, there are just too many variables and nobody knows what kind of a system you are running. How did you un-install the older drivers? Did you use driver cleaner to wipe out lingering traces in the registry?

I believe you may have a software issue here.

riiaku Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Super Nade View Post
    Question:

Your Windoze is probably FUBAR. Did you try a repair-install or a fresh install. To isolate the problem (i.e software v/s hardware), I'd suggest reinstalling Windoze on a fresh small cheapo IDE HDD and see if you can replicate the problem. At this point, there are just too many variables and nobody knows what kind of a system you are running. How did you un-install the older drivers? Did you use driver cleaner to wipe out lingering traces in the registry?

I believe you may have a software issue here.
    I have windows xp pro, i did a format and fresh install, i installed 6.10 beta catalyst drivers and ive tried other drivers too, iv also used ati catalyst 6.9 and 6.7 no go. ive done the correct way to uninstall it, i used driver cleaner pro etc... i just ram memtest for 14 hours straight with no errors, i get the error 0x007e and 0x0050 and always ati3duag.dll. b4 i installed the new psu i got these "windows just encountered a serious error" messages about 10 times in a row when i reboot sometimes and sometimes i get it only 3 times, but not everytime i reboot i get those messages just sometimes. i have bit defender 10 pro and zonealarm and a linksys router. I have cable internet. I have onboard audio on right now and after i installed the psu my logitech mx1000 has been acting up, its not working for a couple seconds it would move side ways or just stop moving and then i would get back full control. also after installed the new psu i got that ntldr error and i got a new error about overvoltage failure, and overclocking failure yet i dont overclock and i dont overvolt. this is driving me nuts, whats going on its getting worse. i tried different memory timings and even the loosest ones and still same problem. my system specs are at the top.

edit: everest is telling me that my 12v rail is running at 12.37-12.40 and my 5v rail is 5.17-5.20 and my 3.3v rail is 3.38-3.39 my previous psu was running the 12v rail up to 12.52v and below. my everest is wrong i dont know but i thought this would be some good info to help out. also i heard from another forum to replace the ati3duag.dll from the driver package back in the install directory and it will work. should i do that?

EDIT2: recently i just replaced my video card because i thought that was the problem apparently it wasnt, i get the same error. so what can it be? ill test each ram stick seperately tonight. so if its not the ram, the video card, the psu, what could it be? a friend of mine thinks its a virus that needs to be deleted throught one of those wipes that wipe the drive down to the 0s, he also thinks it could be the SATA cable, I use the molex power plugs instead of the sata power plugs for my hard drives does that make a difference?
    Last edited by riiaku; 10-20-2006 at 09:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Just thought I'd mention - I've gotten these problems from bad hard drive cables. Also had one board that refused to detect hard drives properly that tossed out the missing ntldr message until I realized it was trying to use CHS translation on a 200gb Maxtor. But more recently I had this happen with an Abit Hotrod card that got zapped by static - worked fine at first, then the system got unstable, then bluescreens, then the install would completely hose itself.

So, my thoughts are cabling or motherboard. Maybe the hard drive with the XP install itself.
    Last edited by Oklahoma Wolf; 10-20-2006 at 09:03 PM.