Thread: The Beautiful Corsair Crystal 280X MicroATX/ITX Case--Nearing the end of my build.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default The Beautiful Corsair Crystal 280X MicroATX/ITX Case--Nearing the end of my build.

You can't see the outside of the case, or internals that are not lit, but I bought, sanded, primered, and repainted all screws and case thumb screws (flat design) white, cut a new top radiator cover out of octagon aluminum, sanded, primered, painted, resanded, repainted white, extended the top glass height, sanded and painted the rear expansion slots, sanded, primered, sanded, painted, sanded, repainted the 4 Noctua 140mm fans (outside carriage only), same thing with the Halos LED (disassembled each one) covers for the Noctua fans (since Noctua does not make lED fans), cut and soldered all custom length RGB and ARGB strips, installed one DLED hub for additional amps, and modded the wires so as not to feed back power from the SATA through the MB (damn Giagbyte).

Left to do:

--Etch glass with custom logo on front.

--Cut and install custom arylic light panel in back of case near the 24pin and PCIe cable areas to cover that ugliness, and install ARGB lights into the sandwiched acrylic cut out.

--Paint the 580 Strix backplate white

J1.jpg
    J2.jpg
    J3.jpg
    J4.jpg
    J5.jpg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jon, I know you don't do cases, but it would really be nice to have this 280 case with an easy to get out front filter. Having to take the damn front off each time is a pain, and it wears out the plastic keeper pins. Other than that, it's almost perfect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    523 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DWD1961 View Post
    Jon, I know you don't do cases, but it would really be nice to have this 280 case with an easy to get out front filter. Having to take the damn front off each time is a pain, and it wears out the plastic keeper pins. Other than that, it's almost perfect.
    My input on cases at Corsair is exactly nil.
    Last edited by Jon Gerow; 11-10-2020 at 02:34 PM.