Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I don't expect that there will be a Ryzen 4000 12 or 16 core next week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by NotReginald View Post
    Except even the lowest-end Athlon would outperform it. Things changed a lot since 2007.
    In fact it does. Athlon 200GE beats a Q9650.
    UserBenchmark: AMD Athlon 200GE vs Intel Core2 Quad Q9650
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
    MBD: MSI B450 Tomahawk
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 2666MHz - 2x4GB
    SSD: 250GB Mushkin MKNSSDHL250GB-D8
    HDD: 1TB Toshiba MQ01ABD100
    GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX Radeon RX570 4GB
    BOX: Phanteks Eclipse P300
    FAN: 2x Cooler Master SickleFlow X 120mm Red
    PSU: Corsair TX550M
    Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster P2070
    Keyboard: Redragon K502 Karura
    Mouse: Redragon M601-3 Centrophorus
    PAD: Redragon P001 Archelon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Yeah, I took a long break myself.

I was running a 10 year old laptop as my desktop replacement.

SSD, memory upgrades (Lenovo W530...so had slots) and high speed internet were all much more important over the last 10 years than CPU speed.

However, for running CAD programs and pushing multiple monitors (big multi-monitors are really a god send for office productivity) I finally built a desktop again after all these years.

Yeah, laptops still seem to be the go to for 90% of work from home people, but having the ability to run multiple high resolution monitors from a dedicated graphics card is really a win.

The upgraded CPU power is just the icing on the cake when you go back to a desktop in my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I find spending hours on a laptop to be a frustrating ... debilitating ergonomic experience. Apparently, the pandemic and the work from home shift have caused a massive, sudden upsurge of interest in traditional PC desktop computing among non-gamers, which is a segment that has supposedly been in slow decline for many years. People seem to be attempting to do a lot of upgrading of older, seldom used systems or replacing them outright. I've noticed since early summer retailers are often sold out or have low stock of the most sought after components.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 99wjtx View Post
    I find spending hours on a laptop to be a frustrating ... debilitating ergonomic experience.
    I only use a laptop if I absolutely have to... and even then it's with a mouse.

I don't see how people are productive with phones either. I could not do my emails on just a phone. No way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    193 Posts

Some people will say the same about a keyboard and go with a pen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -The_Mask- View Post
    Some people will say the same about a keyboard and go with a pen.
    God.. I haven't used one of those in a decade.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I find spending hours on a laptop to be a frustrating ... debilitating ergonomic experience. Apparently, the pandemic and the work from home shift have caused a massive, sudden upsurge of interest in traditional PC desktop computing among non-gamers, which is a segment that has supposedly been in slow decline for many years. People seem to be attempting to do a lot of upgrading of older, seldom used systems or replacing them outright. I've noticed since early summer retailers are often sold out or have low stock of the most sought after components.
    It seems to me that those who deal with graphics are particularly interested in modernization. Probably, this sphere is one of the most expensive resources.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Update ur drivers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It seems to me that everything depends on your field of activity. For example, I feel very comfortable working with a laptop, I do not need a big screen.