Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't expect that there will be a Ryzen 4000 12 or 16 core next week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    197 Posts

Question I don't expect that there will be a Ryzen 4000 12 or 16 core next week.

I don't expect that there will be a Ryzen 4000 12 or 16 core next week. Most likely an announcement of those series and the RDNA2 graphics cards and maybe the launch of the Zen 2 APU's for retail desktop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hey I also have a Define 7 for my future build, how are you liking it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -The_Mask- View Post
    I don't expect that there will be a Ryzen 4000 12 or 16 core next week. Most likely an announcement of those series and the RDNA2 graphics cards and maybe the launch of the Zen 2 APU's for retail desktop.
    I'll take that bet.

CPU is scheduled for 8th and GPU for 28th.

AMD GPU guy already indicated that gpu will "not be a per launch like Nvidia"....since Nvidia claims they are moving product, and it is only the high demand that is causing shortage....one must assume that AMD intends to have
    a much better hard launch supply on hand.

Samsung 8nm is not anywhere the yields that AMD is achieving with mature 7nm tsmc process.

So, if they were only going to "announce and not ship AMD gen 3, why have different dates? It would make sense to hard launce the GPU and soft launch the CPU on the same date.

No, they will be shipping on the 8th or very close there after.

They have been ready since the launch of the XT line and simply keeping their powder dry.
    Now that Intel is actually shipping SOMETHING, that remotely challenges ....bang...lower the boom.

PS, at this point ARM is really the existential future threat.

PSS, paper launch on the 8th would be a PR insanity.
    It would simply be seen by stock investors as a fail, and would make the announcement on the 28th very poorly attended/ followed.

Again, two dates makes no sense for paper launch. If they were only going to announce roadmap...they would have done both on the 8th, the earlier date. The only reason to push the GPU out to the 28th was to allow them to build up stock of the GPU.

No, one two launch...CPU first...build enthusiasm, followed by GPU (actually their weaker product line) to achieve halo affect from the positive reviews of CPU product launch.

PSSS, yes I now own AMD stock. Bought at the height of the covid panic for $40
    Last edited by mdk777; 09-28-2020 at 03:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    197 Posts

An announcement is not the same thing as a launch, AMD clearly said announcement and not launch. Would also be really strange that you can buy the CPU next week, it's not how big companies work. You want as many free PR as possible So first you leak some small specs and maybe some fake information. Then you do the announcement of the announcement. Then you get the announcement. Then reviews and after that you can buy the product.

If you cannot buy a Zen 3 AM4 CPU next week I get all your AMD stock?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

An announcement is not the same thing as a launch, AMD clearly said announcement and not launch. Would also be really strange that you can buy the CPU next week, it's not how big companies work. You want as many free PR as possible So first you leak some small specs and maybe some fake information. Then you do the announcement of the announcement. Then you get the announcement. Then reviews and after that you can buy the product.

If you cannot buy a Zen 3 AM4 CPU next week I get all your AMD stock?
    I said soon thereafter....might be a week, perhaps 3 at the most.

Not going to be long.

I guess everything is relative.

At one time I had 20,000 shares...but that was when it traded at 2.
    I sold those long ago...Guess I should have held for the long haul, but there were years where it looked like AMD was going the way of the doo doo.

New position is much more restrained.
    (I was going to take a huge position at 40, but wife vetoed that much risk)

Lets just make it a gentleman's bet.....after announcement on 8th, able to buy before following announcement on 28th.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Well, it looks like the rumour mill is already confirming my timeline.

https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-9-590...october-rumor/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    197 Posts

No it means that you're gonna lose a lot of money.

You took this bet:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

"No, they will be shipping on the 8th or very close there after."

in my original post stating clarifying terms.
    Your "next week" did not even make sense at the time as the announcement was always scheduled for the 8th,already more than a week from your post.

But hey, if you want to put up cash against my stock position as the bet, I would certainly consider your proposition.

FYI only 200 shares of AMD this time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    489 Posts

I had to spin this thread off. You guys completely derailed the OP's post and scared him off.
    Last edited by Jon Gerow; 10-11-2020 at 02:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Admittedly, I don't know the intimate details of supply chain logistics for tech products (or any products for that matter), but it would seem to me like if AMD were going to "release" the new CPU(s) on the 8th or shortly thereafter, wholesale and retail "partners" would already have started receiving inventory or at least have details of the acceptable "release date". Someone somewhere would have almost certainly leaked some of those details by now. Still, I'm inclined to believe it will be sooner rather than later and I'm certainly hoping I'll be able to buy a processor this weekend - either a next gen model or at least a somewhat discounted prior gen one. I've got an expensive new build just sitting there dead waiting on a processor.