Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: First vid game you played (arcade/console/pc)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Console: Duck Hunt

Arcade: I didn't go to an arcade until i was at least 11 - making me late to the party - so the first game i plaxed was Time Cop. Damn that was fun !
    I said what you wanna be, she said, "Alive"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Necro posting at it's finest! This thread does not deserve to die and fade away...

First electronic game? That was some weird little console with analogue sticks and a few versions of pong on board and no way to add or change games.

Then in 77 or 78 I spent way to much time playing pong and combat on the Atari VCS. I had a friend who's father was the boss of a home electronics chain and he kept bringing home every new game console and cartridge they were offered. So my friend and I were effectively screening them. Anything we didn't like was usually dropped or never made it to the stores.

First computer game? Spacewar on a school mainframe. This was probably some time between 79 and 82, and quite frankly I had no idea what I was supposed to do, so perhaps I shouldn't claim actually playing it...

First arcade was probably Space Invaders, but it could have been Asteroids, Battlezone (blew me away the first time I saw it), or even Pacman.

First home computer game I'm pretty sure was Pacman or a clone on the VIC-20. Again it was my friend's dad who brought one home to see what we thought of it, but we preferred the Atari 400 and 800. As it turned out that was a dead end, and probably the only time we got it wrong.

The game that had me buy a home computer? Definitely Atic Atac which forced me to buy a ZX Spectrum.

First game on a MAC, I think it was SimCity, or Dark Castle it's a tossup...

First PC game was Lunar Lander followed by a Scramble clone and a Space Invaders clone that had absolutely no support for processors faster than what you got in a vanilla PC-XT. So on any kind of PC sporting a processor faster than an Intel 8088 at 4.77 MHz (or was the XT clocked at 6.x MHz? Don't really remember...) it was running faster than intended. On a 12 MHz 286 machine it was a blast trying to take out the last few aliens before they landed. Today I wouldn't stand a chance, but back then it was fun...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cpt. Obvious For This Useful Post:

Orion (03-31-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah that brings back memories, and being ancient (born in 1945) I remember the start of electronic games.

Playing Pong on a machine in pubs, or Space Invaders in an arcade along with pin ball machines etc.

In the 80's I got an Atari console with games on cartridges, and I think Duck Hunt was one of them.

Later I move on to an Amstrad 464 machine with tape drive and colour screen.
    My favourite game back then was Battle of Britain which I believe took about 45 minutes to load up ready to play.

Then it was the Mega Drive and games like Golf etc.

The the PS1 came along which gave me games like Tomb Raider.

Finally onto a PC which was an old desktop type with an Intel 66Ghz cpu, and a bit of memory, using Win98, and found the joys of playing UT99 on dial up.

I then progressed to building my own PC's, and managed to sign up to cable BB (after some years of dial up) back in 2002 which I think was about 128K speeds progressing over the years to the 70MB speed I have today.

But starting off with UT99, UT2003, UT2004 etc. CoD, C&C series, Half Life, Doom III, MoH, Men of Valor, JTF, Pocket Tanks, Crysis, BF1942, BF2 BF2142, BF3 (and gave it up) and quite a few more from the 1980's/90's/2000 onwards.

Many of my old games will not install anymore either on Win 7 and Win 10, but UT99 will install and play.......weird.

I only play World of Tanks nowadays.
    Memory lane ramble over and out....
    Windows 10-64bit-Windows 7 Home-64bit - Phanteks Primo case - Corsair HX850i PSU - Gigabyte Z170X Gaming G1 - i7-6700K(Bios F21) - Corsair H110i GTX AIO cooler - Corsair LPX 2 x 8GB 2666Mhz memory - Creative ZxRi Onboard sound - 2 x Samsung 950 256GB Nvme 256GB M.2 - 1 x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD - 1 x Intel 750 400GB Pci-e - EVGA GTX FTW ACX2.0 980Ti - Dell 27" G-Sync 2560 x 1440 (main) - Dell 24" (secondary) 1920 x 1200 monitors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My first video game was a DOS sidescroller called Gods, I spent so many hours playing it when I was young

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it was Mario on Super Nintendo and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time on Super Nintendo. Those were awesome games!
    Last edited by BrovoTheta; 06-15-2017 at 05:56 PM. Reason: add info

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't even remember the type of MAC it was, but it was a game called B.C.

Circa mid-late 80's I believe.
    Yeah, I've played games for a while now .

-Storm
    - The second we cease to learn, is the second we cease to be -

- Caught in the Maelstorm / A grasp unknown / tap you heels 3 times / You'll want to be home - *S.T 2009*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We couldn't afford a console at the time, so the only thing I had was my brothers pc from work.
    I used to play quake 1 and Duke nukem 3d on his new CD ROM player that cost him a week's salary, installed on a Compaq deskpro early Pentium 2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Being a child of the mid-1980s, it was the original NES for me. Super Mario and Duck Hunt were my jam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I couldn't even begin to remember what the first video game I ever played was.

I think it may have been the DS9 MS-Dos game?
    4790K @ 4.5Ghz
    BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 /w 120mm Slipstream LP
    MSI Z97M Gaming
    Kingston HyperX Predator DDR3-1866 4x8GB
    MSI GTX1080TI Gaming X
    Mushkin Reactor 1TB
    EVGA G3 550W /w R/B Ensourced Custom Cable Extensions
    Fractal Designs Define C Mini /w 2x GP-14 X2 BLK, 1x GP-12 X2 BLK
    Fiio E10K
    (To many headphones now to list individually, HELP ME. HELP!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Giana Sisters on the C64, which my father bought out of the blue in the 80s.

On console it was either Sonic on Master System or Arkanoid on NES, when we visited somebody.

Arcade: some vertical scrolling shoot 'em up, which I just remember by looks but not the name.