Thread: Mortal Online 2 coming this fall

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Mortal Online 2 coming this fall

Played Mortal Online 1 off and on for a decade. The guy who does it was a big Ultima Online pre Trammel fan. He modeled it after that. However, it is direct attack PvP, not tab select. Very hard game to get right, but tons of fun. MO 1 is now officially dead, but still available. I canceled my sub because no one is playing now and all my guild mates stopped playing.

However, I think it might be the best MMO out there for hard core PvP RPK GvG and crafting. There are no real manuals in the game. For instance, you can actually breed horses, but there was no instructions on how to get faster better horses. This is the "real deal" type of game for those who want a persistent persona over years. Over the years, I saw perhaps 3 people under teh age of 20, and most late 20s to 30 plus. Really good bunch of people with lots of politics and PvP. It's full drop too. You die, you lose everything on you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, a game that has trading? I thought I wouldn't EVER get to see that again. All the new games are disabling trading and preventing players from actually having a player-based economy.
    Last edited by MarkVV; 08-06-2020 at 12:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarkVV View Post
    Wow, a game that has trading? I thought I wouldn't EVER get to see that again. All the new games are disabling trading and preventing players from actually having a player-based economy.
    I could never play a game like that. Eve has a full fledged market of its own too. It actually has a stock market section where you can enter the market to sell your stuff, and see all other players things with their own pries. Some players actually make most of their money in Eve playing the Eve stock market. It has charts, past prices, and looks like a real trading platform to some extent, and is very detailed.

Mortal and Eve both are so intertwined as to their markets, people usually try to avoid wars because of the cost--just like real life--and when a war does break out, it's nasty, brutish, and usually short--because it is so expensive. Usually wars in either game are the end result of weeks of politics by Guild/Corp leaders and their upper level officers usually on Discord. Sound bites are posted to get people rled, etc. It's pretty fun. The guild leaders are the people who actually make the games fun, or not. It's player driven 99%.

Or, it's a long and protracted type of cold war with small 1-3 week sieges peppered around strategically.

For instance, in Mortal 1, you're guild, if you had one, and it was strong enough to control land (Yes, game mechanics allow you to control land, and when you ride or walk into a controlled area, you get spam saying, "You have entered into Evil's Territory" on your spam screen. You may be stopped in your travels and questioned by an obviously stronger player who may ask, "Who is your guild." If you are in the wrong place, he may let you go, or may not. However, if he kills you for sport, and your guild is strong enough, retaliation will probably follow, so that all comes into play before you go out and just start killing people. And then opposing guilds have agreements that since it is a PVP game, all if fair and killing other guild's people is fine. It won't enact a war. And, that's fun becasue someone gets killed, then the shit talking starts on Discord, and then your posse rills out to find him, or another if his guild, and the process continues and well, it's fun. No real hard feelings between guilds.

The nasty and brutish wars are usually when a guild leader and guild want to take over your land. Then there is no friendliness and it gets bad because you are fighting for your Keep--that you build with in game money and will take literally weeks or months to build. Then the alliances start because a guild you amy not even be on good terms with may not want your guild to fall because that would threaten them, and so on and so forth--like real life politics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default this!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkVV View Post
    how about this one?