Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1stplayer Ar 80 plus gold series?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ashiekh View Post
    Interesting that Aris still feels
    "In power supplies, the two most important parts are the capacitors and the cooling fan."
    This is old news now, last week I were at Capxon website, they having now electrolytic s capable for 7000 hours or better, previous years this were impossible, and China had to import Japanese capacitors.
    What china does not have this is the ability to make quality ball bearings.

Nowadays I could possibly demonstrate partial trust to recent made Capxon, but I cannot trust DC motor fan with Chinese ball bearings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    417 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriakos-GR View Post
    What china does not have this is the ability to make quality ball bearings.

Nowadays I could possibly demonstrate partial trust to recent made Capxon, but I cannot trust DC motor fan with Chinese ball bearings.
    Actually, China has been able to produce precision ball bearings down to 2.3mm as far back as 2016.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Scale down parts ability has nothing to do with longevity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

This is old news now

Exactly why I wrote 'still feels'; i.e. it is still valid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ashiekh View Post
    Exactly why I wrote 'still feels'; i.e. it is still valid.
    I have good news and bad news.

Good news:
    Capxon capacitors reliability is not an issue any more.
    YATE LOON DC fan 135mm still spinning at my HPU-4M780-PE for 12 years.
    HPU-4M780-PE needed two fresh capacitors after 11.5 years this operating every day for approximately 16 hours.

Bad news:
    Only a fool at the market of PSU distribution (re-brand chain), he will replace a trusted partner for a fresh one regarding the selection of DC fan source.
    At the recent made GPU cooling systems, any brand which does not use YATE LOON DC fan at least (than using instead any reliable Sanyo Denki), they simply looking for trouble, this is of how MSI now this destroying it reputation.

If you were a dedicated watcher of those items quality standards, then there is nothing interesting to see any more at them.
    Today you may spot small electronic design differences only if you own a 2000 Euro worth of oscilloscope.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    417 Posts

I have good news and bad news.
    Only a fool at the market of PSU distribution (re-brand chain), he will replace a trusted partner for a fresh one regarding the selection of DC fan source.
    At the recent made GPU cooling systems, any brand which does not use YATE LOON DC fan at least (than using instead any reliable Sanyo Denki), they simply looking for trouble, this is of how MSI now this destroying it reputation.

If you were a dedicated watcher of those items quality standards, then there is nothing interesting to see any more at them.
    Today you may spot small electronic design differences only if you own a 2000 Euro worth of oscilloscope.
    Can you rephrase this? This whole paragraph makes little sense. No offense, but are you using Google translate?

Who is "rebrand-chain"? Example?

You're saying that Yate Loon is the only fan option for GPUs? What fan is MSI using?

Because I will tell you that Yate Loon is pretty bad. Poor tooling that wears out quickly and is often out of balance because of this. This is why only the cheapest PSUs on the market use Yate Loon fans.

Scale down parts ability has nothing to do with longevity.
    Sometimes it does. 2.3mm was difficult to achieve because of the lack of refinement of the steel. Once the refinement is to the point where you can make a bearing as small as 2.3mm, you have the means to make said bearing durable enough for long term use, never mind larger diameter bearings like those used in PSU fans, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No offense, but neither your American accent, which seems North American and heavy and unrelated to English grammar, with long sentence’s which they are used at street talk within some parts of the USA , this sum does not make much of sense to me either.
    Regarding re-brand, I can become one person company too and equal to Corsair or larger, as soon I order from CWT a number of 5000 PSU of five models its one = 25000 units at factory price of 26USD per unit which them will be sold 150USD retail.
    By informing them (CWT) of what parts I wish to be used at its one of them, and I can select event the color and print (label) over the PCB.
    Regarding PSU and parts longevity, I have offered feedback of my personal experience, this is not anonymous, I am Kiriakos Triantafillou from Greece, and all my feedback this is signed with ink and with the picture of my face among the professional certification’s them hanging on my wall.
    Lastly I will say that I do not prefer to engage in to explanatory conversations when the other party does not have any certification and any combined working experience.
    Now may I ask of who you are? and of why your avatar this is a paper bag instead of be your face?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

Maybe just Google his name if you don't know who he is. He certainly isn't hiding anything.

And yeah your English isn't quite understandable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

and of why your avatar this is a paper bag instead of be your face?

Why the avatar from Braveheart? does it help to be so belligerent?

You may have some valid points, but they might be better heard if presented in a less caustic manner.

Anyhow, I believe the Guru's avatar is a deflated helium balloon, although I like to tease that it is a whoopee cushion.

last week I were at Capxon website, they having now electrolytic s capable for 7000 hours or better
    http://www.capxongroup.com/product.a...&modid=6&mode=
    has some with 16,000 hrs at 105ºC, but I wonder if they are low ESR

The problems with say 3000 hrs at 105ºC is that this is a claim about high temperature life, not low. It is natural (although possibly incorrect) to use the Arrhenius equation and extrapolate a doubling of lifetime for every 10ºC cooler, which would predict 22 years at 45ºC; in reality some cheap capacitors can fail just in storage.
    Last edited by ashiekh; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Now may I ask of who you are? and of why your avatar this is a paper bag instead of be your face?
    If you don't know neither who Jon nor Aris are i have to question if you're really a such experienced PSU expert/reviewer you proclaim yourself to be.
    And yes, i can't understand half of your sentences too, but it's fine, English is not your native language obviously (neither mine) but if you're gonna reply to the fair criticism about that in such aggressive, insulting matter, then you're on the wrong forum, please spare us of your presence.
    Or maybe you're just a troll ?
    Last edited by Juular; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:24 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Juular For This Useful Post:

breixobaloca (3 Weeks Ago), JCabanes (3 Weeks Ago)