Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CMPSU-750TX works for a minute then shuts down, repair advice?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mervincm View Post
    Ya I am coming around to that thought as well. I have the EVGA 650W P2 on its way, so, this one would really be designated to "on the shelf spare part" role. Was hoping it could be a way to spend some time with the kid if it isn't useful for even that role, I guess it should go back in the recycle pile.
    Wow! Where did you find a P2? EVGA EOL'd those last year and with the mass buying of PC parts since the pandemic, I thought the supply got all dried up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

so, this one would really be designated to "on the shelf spare part" role. Was hoping it could be a way to spend some time with the kid if it isn't useful for even that role, I guess it should go back in the recycle pile.

You can still move forward and measure the capacitances (with the DMM you have); also look for dry solder joints once you can see the bottom of the board.

From what I can tell, the TX750 has a load resistor (for stability), which is rather wasteful of energy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ashiekh; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got it on amazon. It has not shipped yet. With it being EOL should I cancel it? I see reviews on it as long as 5 years back, so I know it's an older design, I checked the ATX spec, I didn't see anything since then to worry about. It was 168 Can$ about what a corsair RMX would be. Sometimes I see be-quiets 11 gold's for about 120-130 but stock is a problem.

This is what's in the price same range locally.

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Catego...Inventory=Edm1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

I got it on amazon. It has not shipped yet. With it being EOL should I cancel it? I see reviews on it as long as 5 years back, so I know it's an older design
    It's not an old design. It's EOL because EVGA Butner their bridge with the OEM. If you can actually get one, there's nothing wrong with that.