Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HX1000i randomly shutting down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Arrow HX1000i randomly shutting down

I have Vega 64 ASUS and Corsair HX1000i, I set my PSU to multi rail mode in iCUE software, and I'm struggling in gaming with random shutdowns. Can you give me some solutions for that or how I can fix that ??
    Last edited by Jon Gerow; 05-22-2020 at 07:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

You should use two different cables. If you already use two different cables it probably is faulty hardware.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    371 Posts

Peeled this off the old thread you bumped.

A Corsair HX1000i is not a Seasonic Prime, so I don't know why you did that.

I haven't had issues with the HX1000i at the Vega cards. Is the system shutting down or rebooting?

And, as Mask asked, do you have two separate PCIe cables or are you trying to use two connectors on the same cable?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -The_Mask- View Post
    You should use two different cables. If you already use two different cables it probably is faulty hardware.
    yes, I did that since the beginning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gerow View Post
    Peeled this off the old thread, you bumped.

A Corsair HX1000i is not a Seasonic Prime, so I don't know why you did that.

I haven't had issues with the HX1000i at the Vega cards. Is the system shutting down or rebooting?

And, as Mask asked, do you have two separate PCIe cables, or are you trying to use two connectors on the same cable?
    Its shut down and reboot immediately. And like I said, it is connected with two different cables. It's so weird. With the original driver from ASUS, it was stable and had no problem, but the driver is too old for some new games, so I was forced to update the newer version from AMD (as I told by the ASUS support)
    I still think it is something with power that the card did not stay stable in heavy use, so or driver or my PSU, can be something about the single rail mode or the multi-rail mode?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

No it shouldn't be something with single or multirail, but you can check this easily for your self by disabling multirail in Corsair's software.

Make sure that all connectors are seeded correctly. You can even take them all out and put them back in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Try to put the cables in the PSU side not in the same row, and diagonal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    371 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zangiamit91 View Post
    Its shut down and reboot immediately. And like I said, it is connected with two different cables. It's so weird. With the original driver from ASUS, it was stable and had no problem, but the driver is too old for some new games, so I was forced to update the newer version from AMD (as I told by the ASUS support)
    I still think it is something with power that the card did not stay stable in heavy use, so or driver or my PSU, can be something about the single rail mode or the multi-rail mode?
    Ok. Thats a reboot. Not a shut down. If OCP was being exceeded, the PSU would shut down. Period.

The only new part is the Vega? This all worked with the old card ?

Can you list all of your parts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks all for the replies! Must say that.

this is from the Corsair ICUE and the connectors on the unit -
    https://imgur.com/a/Y0TLo3v

I tried to connect in the first row my CPU and one cable from the vega, and the second row the same, but in diagonal.
    I notice that the PCIe cable from the corsair (8 pins) has 7 pins connected and the 8 is together with another pin. in the CPU cables all pins connected to all 8 sockets.. but I think this is how corsair set-up their products, or I missed cable from my unit ? ....

in a single rail mode, I had a crash yesterday, so it not affect that issue.

I'll try to run the benchmark now again with the configuration and ill update. i don't think that will change anything, but ill try.

my P.C. is almost 1 year old, and all the parts were since the beginning so i can't compare, but this is the list -

z390 designare gigabyte
    4x16 ram corsair lpx
    i9 9900k
    Asus vega 64
    hx1000i
    3xhdd
    2xm.2
    corsair commander + 6 fans
    Noctua dh CPU cooler

My bios setting is slightly overlock for the ram and the CPU, X.M.P. 1, and 5ghz for the CPU. The GPU is stock with the last AMD driver 20.4.2, performance setting on standard, and tuning on balanced. windows 10 pro 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    371 Posts

Ok. Good info.

The GPU is stock... but the most vulnerable to transient power spikes.

So let's focus on the OC on the RAM and CPU. If you bring those OCs down, do the reboots go away?

Also, need to add, make sure "automatically restart" is not checked in your "advanced system settings" under "startup and recovery".