Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Help with PSU Selection

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default Help with PSU Selection

    I live in Seattle, WA.
    I am planning to OC my pc (cpu, ram, gpu).
    Currency : USD
    Website: Amazon, Newegg, Bestbuy, Shopblt, ebay etc..

    please help me find some cheap and good PSU for my new PC.
    Budget: Around 100$ but can go upto 150$




    My Computer components :

    PCPartPicker Part List

    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($189.62 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard ($208.98 @ Best Buy)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory ($148.00)
    Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($141.00)
    Storage: Western Digital SN750 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($148.00)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB PULSE Video Card ($509.98 @ Other World Computing)
    Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.89 @ B&H)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($139.97 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Acer XG270HU 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor (Purchased For $0.00)
    Total: $1595.44
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-21 04:30 EDT-0400

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Uzbekistan
    Posts
    244
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    33
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    58
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

    Default

    Budget option :
    https://www.newegg.com/antec-zen-ne6...xzEdD_d9lNeaNg
    Better not-so-budget option, very limited stock tho but i don't see anything else sub 150$ :
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z8J1973...ogi&th=1&psc=1
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZRWYMNW...ogi&th=1&psc=1

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Juular For This Useful Post:

    halobirth (05-21-2020)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juular View Post
    Budget option :
    https://www.newegg.com/antec-zen-ne6...xzEdD_d9lNeaNg
    Better not-so-budget option, very limited stock tho but i don't see anything else sub 150$ :
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z8J1973...ogi&th=1&psc=1
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZRWYMNW...ogi&th=1&psc=1
    How about these PSU's :
    Possible PSU found on the internet(don't know much about PSU):
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G3, 220-G3-0650-Y1, 80+ GOLD, 650W Fully Modular
    CORSAIR RMi Series RM650i 650W 80 PLUS GOLD
    Enermax - ERF650AWT - Enermax REVOLUTION D.F. ERF650AWT Power Supply

    I am not in a hurry to buy and i can wait for psu to be in stock if it's not available right now.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    75
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    37
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    rmi series is very good. i believe. however it only has a single eps connector. which is probably fine (check) for your motherboard but the motherboard youve listed has room for an additional 4 pin cpu power connector.

    those xpg units look interesting.
    Last edited by adamsleath; 05-21-2020 at 07:47 AM.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Uzbekistan
    Posts
    244
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    33
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    58
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by halobirth View Post
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G3, 220-G3-0650-Y1, 80+ GOLD, 650W Fully Modular
    CORSAIR RMi Series RM650i 650W 80 PLUS GOLD
    Enermax - ERF650AWT - Enermax REVOLUTION D.F. ERF650AWT Power Supply
    Corsair RMi is a bit better than other options (including XPG Core Reactor i've suggested), it has digital interface for monitoring and control, and real FDB fan by Matsushita but whether that worth it depends on the price. Otherwise XPG Core Reactor, Enermax Revo DF and EVGA G3 are pretty much on the same level other than EVGA G3 isn't as quiet as other options.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamsleath View Post
    rmi series is very good. i believe. however it only has a single eps connector. which is probably fine (check) for your motherboard but the motherboard youve listed has room for an additional 4 pin cpu power connector.

    those xpg units look interesting.

    The additional 4 pin cpu power is overkill and is useless even if i overclock my system. The 8 pin can give me almost 384 watts which is more than enough even for Ryzen 3950x processor. So i am not gonna use that extra 4 pin cpu power.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juular View Post
    Corsair RMi is a bit better than other options (including XPG Core Reactor i've suggested), it has digital interface for monitoring and control, and real FDB fan by Matsushita but whether that worth it depends on the price. Otherwise XPG Core Reactor, Enermax Revo DF and EVGA G3 are pretty much on the same level other than EVGA G3 isn't as quiet as other options.
    thanks for the information

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •