Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: SEASONIC A12

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    394
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    172
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    41
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

    Default SEASONIC A12


    https://seasonic.com/a12

    Guess same platform with S12III, and also outsourced from RSY.

    LLC & individual mag amp regulation. Price is not so competive at lest here on local markets.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    jonnyGURU forums, of course!
    Posts
    16,837
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    568
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    499
    Thanked in
    371 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rgbodosk View Post

    https://seasonic.com/a12

    Guess same platform with S12III, and also outsourced from RSY.

    LLC & individual mag amp regulation. Price is not so competive at lest here on local markets.
    EXTREMELY cost down. Not even full range input voltage and still only 80 PLUS white.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,055
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    353
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    66
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

    Default

    What a coincidence, I also wanted to post a thread yesterday, but decided it's not interesting enough

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    394
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    172
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    41
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    What a coincidence, I also wanted to post a thread yesterday, but decided it's not interesting enough
    Me too, but since nobody is posting, so I did!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Uzbekistan
    Posts
    253
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    34
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    62
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

    Default

    And i've noticed this strange SKU a couple of days too lol. Photos look really weird, it's not S12III platform but maybe they just didn't bother to put render it right.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,055
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    353
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    66
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juular View Post
    Photos look really weird, it's not S12III platform but maybe they just didn't bother to put render it right.
    Images in the bottom gallery are just renders with wrong insides, but the background photo in the top header is a real thing and shows correct insides.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Orion For This Useful Post:

    Juular (05-13-2020)

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    2,559
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    173
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    93
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gerow View Post
    EXTREMELY cost down. Not even full range input voltage and still only 80 PLUS white.

    Are they doing that to save money or to meet the 80 PLUS certification?

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    jonnyGURU forums, of course!
    Posts
    16,837
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    568
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    499
    Thanked in
    371 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashiekh View Post
    Are they doing that to save money or to meet the 80 PLUS certification?
    Save money. The efficiency requirements for 80 PLUS @ 230V are actually higher to align with the higher voltage/lower current being more efficient by nature.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Gerow For This Useful Post:

    ashiekh (05-13-2020)

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    2,559
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    173
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    93
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gerow View Post
    The efficiency requirements for 80 PLUS @ 230V are actually higher to align with the higher voltage/lower current being more efficient by nature.

    Ah! didn't know that; thanks.

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    jonnyGURU forums, of course!
    Posts
    16,837
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    568
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    499
    Thanked in
    371 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashiekh View Post
    Ah! didn't know that; thanks.
    Got to 80PLUS.org and click on "What is 80 PLUS Certified?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •