Thread: Corsair PCIe Individually Sleeved 8 (6+2) pin cables compatibility W/Corsair RM550x?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Corsair PCIe Individually Sleeved 8 (6+2) pin cables compatibility W/Corsair RM550x?

My PSU is the Corsair RM550X (2018) model.

I just bought the Corsair PCIe sleeved cables (6+2) Type 4, which come two to a bag. From what I cold find on the Corsair site, if you need two connections to your video card and you want Corsair sleeved cables, this is your only choice.

Problem: The 550 only comes with one PCIe PSU connection.

The PCIe cable that came with the unit is your typical cable with a Y connector on the end. These cables are two individual cables with two PSU connections.

I bought Corsair cables (ATX) and this set because John, in another thread here, said don't use extension cables because of adding resistance (and those do not come with the inline capacitors).

How do I use these when my video card requires both 6 pin connections? (I realize I could plug both cables into the Y connector, but then we're back to an extension cable, not the one that plugs directly int the PSU.
    https://www.corsair.com/medias/sys_m...50x-PSU-06.png

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Not possible, you need a different cable or PSU.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DWD1961 View Post
    My PSU is the Corsair RM550X (2018) model.

I just bought the Corsair PCIe sleeved cables (6+2) Type 4, which come two to a bag. From what I cold find on the Corsair site, if you need two connections to your video card and you want Corsair sleeved cables, this is your only choice.

Problem: The 550 only comes with one PCIe PSU connection.

The PCIe cable that came with the unit is your typical cable with a Y connector on the end. These cables are two individual cables with two PSU connections.

I bought Corsair cables (ATX) and this set because John, in another thread here, said don't use extension cables because of adding resistance (and those do not come with the inline capacitors).

How do I use these when my video card requires both 6 pin connections? (I realize I could plug both cables into the Y connector, but then we're back to an extension cable, not the one that plugs directly int the PSU.
    https://www.corsair.com/medias/sys_m...50x-PSU-06.png
    Why did you get the kit with two separate PCIe cables and not one with two PCIe connectors on one cable? Sounds like you ordered the wrong cable set (both are available).

Also, nobody said Corsair cables are your only choice. You have to use cables MADE FOR Corsair PSUs (or the same pinout, which other CWT made products have).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gerow View Post
    Why did you get the kit with two separate PCIe cables and not one with two PCIe connectors on one cable? Sounds like you ordered the wrong cable set (both are available).

Also, nobody said Corsair cables are your only choice. You have to use cables MADE FOR Corsair PSUs (or the same pin out, which other CWT made products have).
    I can't find any cables that are specifically made for Corsair PSUs (Unless I want to order custom cables and I'm not sure they include the caps inline either--nevertheless, way to expensive anyway).

The Corsair website does not list the Single Y PCIe sleeved cable - at least the pictures showing the single connector have only one connector on each end.

Can you link me to the Corsair single PCIe 8 pin to 6+2 pin sleeved Y cable?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought the sleeved cables to replace the stock cables:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can't find that type of cable in sleeved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, that is the one, thank you. Looked everywhere for it but couldn't find it. I'll see if I can find it retail.

Just looked on Amazon, and now I remember why I couldn't find it. They are unavailable. They are there, but no stock. I just screwed the pooch and ordered the wrong ones. The dual connector is a lot more expensive than the single connector dual cable, though. Almost twice as.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DWD1961 View Post
    Yes, that is the one, thank you. Looked everywhere for it but couldn't find it. I'll see if I can find it retail.

Just looked on Amazon, and now I remember why I couldn't find it. They are unavailable. They are there, but no stock. I just screwed the pooch and ordered the wrong ones. The dual connector is a lot more expensive than the single connector dual cable, though. Almost twice as.
    That's odd. A lot more material in two cables vs. one. Probably just store marking stuff up without even know what they're putting price tags on.