Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSU purchase advice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default PSU purchase advice

I'm looking to get a psu thatll last me many years and I'm in a bond right now.
    These are my options: be Quiet! System power 9 500w
    Be quiet! System power B9 600w (bulk)
    Cooler master mwe v2 bronze 550w
    They're all the same price

Now here are my questions: Is the mwe v2 better than the others?
    What's the difference between the b9 and 9 other than the fact that the b9 is meant for system integrators and it's not modular(and also it has 100 more watts)
    Which one is the 'highest quality' aka which one should I pick?

Oh and my system specs are ryzen 2600 with an rx 580 not OCed but I'll definitely upgrade in the future

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

The CM is the best one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -The_Mask- View Post
    The CM is the best one.
    It might be when the fix for high low load ripple will come out, but for now i'm not sure, on paper it is, practically, even through ~100mV ripple are still in spec, i wouldn't want it in my system. Especially since OP wants to upgrade later.

This comes to the question for OP, what specifically you want to upgrade later to ? Maybe it will be a good idea to get better power supply then ? Where are you buying at and what's your budget anyway ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juular View Post
    It might be when the fix for high low load ripple will come out, but for now i'm not sure, on paper it is, practically, even through ~100mV ripple are still in spec, i wouldn't want it in my system. Especially since OP wants to upgrade later.

This comes to the question for OP, what specifically you want to upgrade later to ? Maybe it will be a good idea to get better power supply then ? Where are you buying at and what's your budget anyway ?
    Tbh i really want to keep it for like at least 5 years, and these are pretty much the only options i have for this pricepoint (other options are the deepcool da 700w
    There's actually the riotoro enigma g2 650w for like 15 euros more but is it worth it...?
    The longevity is the biggest thing im looking for
    And idk what ill upgrade to, probably something better in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeptuneIX View Post
    Tbh i really want to keep it for like at least 5 years, and these are pretty much the only options i have for this pricepoint (other options are the deepcool da 700w
    There's actually the riotoro enigma g2 650w for like 15 euros more but is it worth it...?
    The longevity is the biggest thing im looking for
    And idk what ill upgrade to, probably something better in the future.
    Riotoro G2 are Seasonic Focus rebrand, it would be much better option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juular View Post
    Riotoro G2 are Seasonic Focus rebrand, it would be much better option.
    What about the mwe gold 550w? How does that compare to the mwe bronze v2 550w and riotoro enigma g2(reply with some details please, I dont like it when people say x product is better than x without giving any reasoning, thanks)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

What about the mwe gold 550w? How does that compare to the mwe bronze v2 550w and riotoro enigma g2(reply with some details please, I dont like it when people say x product is better than x without giving any reasoning, thanks)
    MWE Gold are decent budget PSU (same thing internally as Xilence Performance X also), performance is not fantastic, 40-70mV ripple, 3-4% regulation depending on review, and it's a bit loud under moderate load too (like >70% or so) but if you want smth cheap it's good choice. Riotoro offers the same warranty on Enigma G2 as it's OEM, 10 years and it's exactly Seasonic Focus internally too, which is good mid\high-end platform, other rebrands are NZXT E\C-series (E series are modified and actually managed to improve over original platform), Antec Neo Eco Gold (but with sleeve bearing fan) \ Earthwatts Gold \ High Current Gamer Gold, Phanteks AMP \ Revolt Pro, ASUS Strix with varying degree of exactness so to say. Differences over MWE Gold would be tighter regulation and ripple suppression, silent operation and twice longer warranty. You can also link some local online stores so maybe i could recommend you some alternatives.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Juular For This Useful Post:

Zoel.fahmi (2 Weeks Ago)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well i dont have many choices but i think these are the best
    also the warranties here are very diff, like the mwe v2 bronze and mwe gold are both 3 years and the riotoro enigma g2 is 5 years
    You can take a look: setec.mk
    anhoch.com
    ddstore.mk

I doubt you'll find something better tho, like my budget is limited(around 4k maybe 4.5k) and the riotoro is kinda stretching but ill try to get enough money to buy it by april, if not probably the mwe gold 550w

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

well i dont have many choices but i think these are the best
    also the warranties here are very diff, like the mwe v2 bronze and mwe gold are both 3 years and the riotoro enigma g2 is 5 years
    You can take a look: setec.mk
    anhoch.com
    ddstore.mk

I doubt you'll find something better tho, like my budget is limited(around 4k maybe 4.5k) and the riotoro is kinda stretching but ill try to get enough money to buy it by april, if not probably the mwe gold 550w
    Not much indeed, i only found this : https://ddstore.mk/products/Cooler-M...50M/pid/881778
    Very good PSU, better than CM MWE Gold definitely, 450W are enough for most gaming builds unless you plan to upgrade to absolutely high-end stuff like 9900K + RTX2080 Ti.
    PS: Macedonian are kinda funny but i can understand it without translating for the most part it seems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

RIpple isn't the issue or Leakage and ESR...it can get quite baddd and still be alright....It's that they just don't crossload well on the rails either...so just more not good stuff.
    Ryzen 2600x-Scythe Mugen
    MSI X470 Gaming Plus
    Crucial/Ballistix(Micron) 3200mhz 16gb kit.
    PNY NVME 480gb
    Reference Vega 56
    Mushkin eco3 480gb
    WD Blue 1tb
    Cooler Master GX II Pro 750w