Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corsair RM550x - discontinued?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DWD1961 View Post
    I'm fortunate that my home cooling in mid summer never exceeds 80 USD. Now, PG&E heating in mid winder is over 130 USD, and that does hurt. Sad that in 2020 power to cool and heat your home is becoming unaffordable for many working families.

$130 a month is just over $4 a day; not too bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ashiekh View Post
    $130 a month is just over $4 a day; not too bad.
    That's for a very small 1200 sq ft house, though. PG&E has been ripping customers off for far too long. They are in BK now and my state wants to break them up and give back to the public the utilities sector that PG&E convinced the public that they should privatize, based on the false premise that making it private would lower their energy costs, which of course, it did not, immaculately. The reason my electric bill is so low is because the city I live in has its own electric utility. For instance, this month my average Kwh price was 10 cents, whereas PG&Es is 20 cents. All utilities use to be called "public utilities" because back then people had this strange idea that the public owning utilities would better serve the public, rather than making them private and for profit in a economic area where there cannot really be competition, and even if there was competition, private utilities could never be as low as public utilities because of the need for profit.

Incidentally, Los Angeles never privatized it's gas, grid, or water. They still call it Los Department of Water and Power, and the reason they never privatized is because they knew that because if infrastructure requirements (dams for water, lines for electricity) monopolies are the most efficient way to conduct power and water enterprises. So, they said no way. They were right to do that.

In California's colder climate, PG&E was squeezing people so hard that many of them started putting in diesel fuel home heaters, which would cost them 80% less a month less to heat their homes.