Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: seasonic x650 gold shutting down problem / advice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The fan turns on , turns freeley .No problem .
    I didn't touch stuff in it just the readiators and had a look around to see if nothing has gone black or yellow .that's it .
    How much dose a CPU overclock afect the PSU .It's just a change of voltage from the motherboard .From 1.4 V to 1.5 .That's 0.1 V .How is that affecting a top build PSU ? is that even relevant for a high power PSU ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Some heat-sinks can be LIVE! as I mentioned before.

Quote Originally Posted by ashiekh View Post
    Be careful touching stuff, some of those heatsinks could be live.
    The shutdown may be due to the CPU and not the power supply; let's say the video card causes a small under-voltage glitch that would normally be just fine, but over-clocking takes away the CPU's safety margin.

Turn off all over-clocking and see if the problem persists (as I mentioned before).
    Last edited by ashiekh; 02-15-2020 at 12:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alreaddy did that . But I didnt menioned it . In fact i reseted all factory setings for bios and removed all components from the system . Connected was just the basic components and in the safest way as possible . There is no component thar is causing the problem . Remeber I even tried the PSU in a different stock system .And the same . When more juice is drown from it it's shuts down . If i dont suck that much piwer from it it just works normally .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Guess it is a new power supply then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    286 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FaneTM View Post
    HOW THE HELL AM i GOING TO SEND THIS FROM ROMANIA TO NETHERLANDS FOR A RMA ?
    Road trip!

https://goo.gl/maps/PPEMNZHgaF3hirU97

That actually looks like a fun drive. I'll put it on my bucket list.

Next time around, maybe get your components from a big retailer like Media Galaxy. Then you'll know you'll have warranty support. Because you never want to need warranty support, but if you do, you're going to have to ship the product outside of your country in order to get it replaced.

It's too bad that local Romanian brands like Serioux is so crappy.

Segotep isn't "local", but check to see if they have warranty support in Romania. They have some good units.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

You're welcome. But the PSU probably needs to be send to Sander Computers GmbH, a distribution center in Germany.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

LOLLL Jonny ! Hehe you really are a guru 😀 You know about Media Galaxy and Serioux . M.Galaxy is and always was our biggest physical shop that sell products on the shelf .To bad they never sold big brand for PSU ‘ s , only cheap one’s . There are also big online shops like E-Mag that actually sell top brands . But you cannot convince romanian’s to buy online . They still prefer to buy from the shelf 😀 . And yes Serioux …. I just learned they started making PSU ‘s . That seem to be very low end . But they also make all kind of cheap …. Very cheap shit 😀 that some of them are better than Chinese products 😁 . I got some stuff from them just to test it out . And I cant complayne for the money I pay’ed for them … they work . I must admit they make low end products and very cheap . I guess they know what the market is over here . Ppl are spending good money only for cars and smartphones 😁 They don’t bother with Pc’s anymore . Just laptops .
    Anyway I guess it’s time for a new PSU too . I was very pleased with Seasonic . Still am . In will continue to consider them first . Buy I will get o Chorsair in the future for a different build to test it out . I am impressed with the brand . So thanks for to chat Man .
    PS : I like your psu big testing machine ! I saw it on youtube . Nice stuff .
    Salute : Trufan Flavius .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    286 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FaneTM View Post
    To bad they never sold big brand for PSU ‘ s , only cheap one’s .
    According to Media Galaxy's website, they have Antec's HCP 1000W and Segotep's Gold 1150W. Hardly "cheap" PSUs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OMG that Antec's HCP 1000W seems to be a legend .But it's so BIG that you actually need to change the case I think to put it in Nice PSU .