Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which alternative PSU brand to Seasonic?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Which alternative PSU brand to Seasonic?

I've always wanted a Seasonic PSU, and now that they are more or less competitively priced with other units, and highly praised for their performance here at JG, I was going to get one for my new build.

However, they are always out at Amazon, and I can't really find the exact model I want in stock anyway. Some have said Season has some problems with their Focus line now. And, although the Seasonic is competitively priced, there are units that score highly here that are the same or less.

I have this picked out:

$105.00
    Seasonic Focus GX-650, 650W 80+ Gold

But I was wondering about the EVGA or Corsair units too:

$100.00
    EVGA Supernova 650 G5, 80 Plus Gold 650W, Fully Modular, Power Supply 220-G5-0650-X1

I think I would still want the SS, but here is what happens:

I get my list together, and the SS PSU "isn't available" until xx/xx/xxxx. So I wait, then go to check out, and the Gigabyte board I need "isn't available until xx/xx/xxx." LOL

So if I ever going to get this build done, I'm probably going to have to have alternates (The MB is an ITX model, and there are only a couple of choices, so I can't change that. Further complicating matters is that I only like t buy from Amazon,and not 3rd party sellers for easy returns, etc. when I by all of the parts for a new build at the same time.

I'm ok with Corsair too, for instance:
    $110.00
    CORSAIR RMX Series (2018), RM650x, 650 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply (Not sure is Corsair has an updated unit or not, but just swaying it is available through Amazon as the seller currently.

Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by DWD1961; 02-10-2020 at 10:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

Default test

I had to rename your thread because for some reason your original title was breaking the forums. (Too long? Maybe the exclamation point?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DWD1961 View Post
    CORSAIR RMX Series (2018), RM650x, 650 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply (Not sure is Corsair has an updated unit or not, but just swaying it is available through Amazon as the seller currently.
    "2018" is the newest RMx.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gerow View Post
    "2018" is the newest RMx.
    Thanks on both replies. I checked Corsair PSUs again on Amazon and they seem to be having stocking issues like all the rest, but I also noticed that New Egg was having the same stocking issues with many PSUs too.

I may have to order when things are in stock, but I hate doing that because of the return window closing before I have a chance to really burn in my new system.

I had to change my post, too, because it said I "always wanted a Seasonic PUS. . . ."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

I had to rename your thread because for some reason your original title was breaking the forums. (Too long? Maybe the exclamation point?)
    I'm still having issues to visit this site, after this topic yesterday. Only possible through the mobile connection, not through the land line. I'm getting a time-out otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

Thanks on both replies. I checked Corsair PSUs again on Amazon and they seem to be having stocking issues like all the rest, but I also noticed that New Egg was having the same stocking issues with many PSUs too.
    You can blame three things on that:

Trump tariffs.
    Chinese New Year.
    Coronavirus.

What that means is: Manufacturers are paying a 25% premium for building in China. Factories closed for (supposed to be) two weeks for the holiday. And most factory workers have NOT returned and ports in China have NOT opened because they're trying to quarantine the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by -The_Mask- View Post
    I'm still having issues to visit this site, after this topic yesterday. Only possible through the mobile connection, not through the land line. I'm getting a time-out otherwise.
    Same here. Wouldn't load for me at work. Not even the mobile site (on work's network). Had to go home to respond to posts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Same here. Wouldn't load for me at work. Not even the mobile site (on work's network). Had to go home to respond to posts.
    Same, it's like my IP address is blocked by the server and doesn't allows any reply back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Manufacturers are paying a 25% premium for building in China. Factories closed for (supposed to be) two weeks for the holiday. And most factory workers have NOT returned and ports in China have NOT opened because they're trying to quarantine the virus.
    Hopefully manufacturers will adjust and we can get on with it.

Is the Corsair RM line made buy Seasonic?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

Is the Corsair RM line made buy Seasonic?
    Fuck no. It's made by CWT.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Gerow For This Useful Post:

ehume (02-11-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fuck no. It's made by CWT.
    "Not just no, but no fuck no!"--Old childhood friend's dad when my friend would piss him off.

LOL, well, that's why I asked, but I should have known because someone said Seasonic in the Forums at Tom's while I was reading the review for the Corsair 750 RMX there. I think after doing more research i am just about to go with Corsair, and one thing that tipped me from Seasonic to Corsair, other than they both are electrically sound, is the Corsair sound profile.