Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My opinion about MTBF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

If you have your own numbers then could you tell us the difference between for example a be quiet! Straight Power 11 with 5 years warranty and Corsair RMx with 10 years warranty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -The_Mask- View Post
    If you have your own numbers then could you tell us the difference between for example a be quiet! Straight Power 11 with 5 years warranty and Corsair RMx with 10 years warranty.
    There are no big statistics on Straight Power 11. I have no discount. Replace with FSP OEM range. They work stably for 5 years in difficult conditions.
    Corsair RM is not used. Don't like fans and margin. Only HX&AX range. Mining - 1.5-2y, home&office >5y.
    Last edited by And_corp; 02-08-2020 at 07:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by And_corp View Post
    You can add more information about "robustness" ("reliability"). MTBF information and vendor warranties should help evaluate quality/reliability. Presence of simultaneous 100 000+h MTBF and 10+y warranty can be considered an indicator of hi-reliability.
    Example. If 100,000h MTBF is claimed & 5y warranty then device reliability is in doubt.
    MTBF target is related to reliability, but you can't verify this number on actual products.
    It's been a hard day's night and I've been working like a dog.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I proposed my own assessment option. I agree that he has flaws. But my experience claims that such a method is beneficial when used in conjunction with other indicators. What is another simple and free (no money) option to assess reliability? Your suggestions?
    Last edited by And_corp; 02-15-2020 at 05:26 AM.