Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro+ neverending issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro+ neverending issue.

So it's been around 6 months since this card was released and I am still having performance issues with it. Initially the first card I bought was defective meaning it worked at around 40% of it's full potential. I RMA'd it, got another one which works at I think 60% or so. I'll put my specs down and present some of the past issues I've been told before, maybe one of you can shed some light.

CPU: I7 4790
    Mobo: Asrock Fatal1ty Killer Z87
    Memory: 16 GB Hyperx Fury 1600 Mhz
    SSD 240GB SATA
    PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo 620W with efficiency at 83% according to their website
    Monitor: Dell SE2717H which is a FullHD 75h freesync monitor
    Case: Some big tower Cooler Master with two 200mm fans

OS has been reinstalled exclusively for it, internet disabled to avoid it from downloading any drivers automaticly. Every driver from the manufacturer's site.

So now to move towards my issues and if you guys can confirm them:

The GPU is power hungry and my PSU cannot handle it properly. This was from a post on Tom's Hardware in which some dude posted a link of a video where Johny says something about older generation PSU's not being able to handle these newer cards, link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ_VV3UjEBY&t=99s
    This made me think of this posibility and to confirm I borrowed an Enermax 1000W PSU from a buddy of mine and the performance was the same, no difference.
    I also used different PCIE slots from my PSU, it has two as it was specified on another forum too.

Another issue was the resolution of my monitor as it was specified on another forum, alot of people saying that this card runs very bad on 1080P and 144P+ is much better. I didn't get much of a chance to try this with another monitor, I enabled Virtual Super Resolution to 1440P and still had the same effect / issue.

The CPU is a big bottleneck for the GPU was another advice that I got, but to be honest this shouldn't be an issue unless I game at 4K, 1080P should be more than fine for the Devil's Canyon.

There are alot of theories about this card, most of what I want to find out is if there's either a problem from my side or AMD's. At the moment this card literally runs slower than my old RX580 which I should have not sold so hastly. If one of you guys has any advice, or anything I can try please let me know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    371 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by detrol2k View Post
    The GPU is power hungry and my PSU cannot handle it properly.
    How do you figure?

This was from a post on Tom's Hardware in which some dude posted a link of a video where Johny says something about older generation PSU's not being able to handle these newer cards, link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ_VV3UjEBY&t=99s
    I know this doesn't solve your problem, but I need to address the context here.

How in the world does what I said in the video apply to your problem at all?

Lack of power does not result in lack of performance. That was NEVER implied in that video. If there's a lack of power, the PC shuts down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    371 Posts

At the moment this card literally runs slower than my old RX580 which I should have not sold so hastly.
    Was the RX580 in the exact same build with the same motherboard?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The purpose of this thread was to learn either if there's an issue from my side or one from AMD. The video does not apply to my problem, but it was a refference inside about older generation PSU's with newer generation cards hence why I asked if it could be a problem affecting me or not.

That's the main issue, most of these 'solutions' that I got from the internet such as the one for the GPU hungry part were not based on any kind of evidence / experience, it was just an opinion thrown there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    371 Posts

At the moment this card literally runs slower than my old RX580 which I should have not sold so hastly.
    Was the RX580 in the exact same build with the same motherboard?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Identical.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    371 Posts

Hmm...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

On the latest drivers? tried the beta?

https://www.techpowerup.com/download...phics-drivers/

I assume you are running Windows 10? (1909?)
    Last edited by ashiekh; 02-02-2020 at 02:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes and Yes.

With the drivers I had to revert to 19-something, that version was much more stable.

With the performance I'd say there was no difference at all.

One thing that I cannot test at the moment is 1440P+ considering a lot of people said that the card is poorly optimized for 1080P.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

OS has been reinstalled exclusively for it, internet disabled to avoid it from downloading any drivers automaticly.

That also means no OS updates