Thread: Few changes needed on the mobile view

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Few changes needed on the mobile view

First, when viewing the forum from a mobile device, the logo is "vBulletin" (the forum software) instead of jonnyguru logo.
    Second, the editor of the posts is very minimal (lacking many features, including like button. It's basically only text editor)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by faloompa View Post
    First, when viewing the forum from a mobile device, the logo is "vBulletin" (the forum software) instead of jonnyguru logo.
    Second, the editor of the posts is very minimal (lacking many features, including like button. It's basically only text editor)
    I immediately switch to "desktop site" whenever I view these forums on my phone. The mobile site is all messed up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

But you know it shouldn't be like that? A properly set up mobile-friendly forum is much better to use than switching to desktop version

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

The mobile side is someting new to the site with the last forums upgrade. Long story short, a server upgrade was done (out of my control) pre-maturely and it hosed some of the functions in our forums. I was forced to upgrade the forums to try and resolve some of the issues. There are still some issues that need looking into, but at this time they are going to have to take a back seat (they'll require a bit of time to work out).

Right now my focus is on trying to get the remaining reviews converted and put back in the main site while also working on getting some new review content going. I do appreciate the comments and am working to try and get this place back to what it once was.