Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where did all of the old PSU reviews go?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I appreciate the comments, well some of them.

When things started going south I started pulling reviews over to this new setup. At the time I started with the older ones and then was moving to the newest reviews. When I had to make the move to the new setup I had to stop and start putting in the newer reviews so that the content was somewhat current. In doing it this way, I'm essentially adding reviews in the middle of the collection now. So you won't see them unless you're looking for them.

I'm not getting into my life history other than to say that I'm a chronic pain patient and have other health issues that are pilled on top of it. These issues are what has slowed me down and stopped me at times from keeping up my end. I do apologize for it taking me to long, but I am trying to simply do the best I can.

I've been trying to get everything moved over to the new setup. Unfortunately, it's not been as simple as copying from one and pasting it in the other. I am actually having to edit each and every review, fixing issues, changing the tables for all the data and then reformating the content so that it fits into the new setup.

I currently have 424 of the reviews back in and am still adding. I've have been adding any reviews that I have seen someone asking about. So if you don't see one in there just politely ask about it and I'll bump it up on the list. I think I've still got a little over 120 or so left to do.

I'm also working on getting things going on doing some reviews here directly. I've got to get everything reorganized and simplified so I can roll with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey no worries. Thanks for the explanation. I remember reading JG in the weeeee hours of the morning, eyes blaring, looking for that perfect PSU years ago! My life went sideways about 7 years ago and I wasn't able to do any gaming, modding, etc., so I have a 7 year gap there . Just built my first new rig since about 2010.

I still remember one of the reviewers here testing a power supply and using the phrase, "Well, I didn't find any hobos yet." Or, something like that, cracked me up. The PSU reviews were and are really fun to read and I could tell way back in the day you all enjoyed your work.

IMHO, the old PSU reviews really aren't that important. You now, out with the old in with the new and they change every few years anyway. As a historical reference, they would be pretty cool to have up.

Really appreciate you and John and all others doing what you do. In the grand scheme of things, most nothing we do really matters, but in the present, things like this helps people, and that makes it as important as anything we do.