Thread: First Time Building, Problems at the end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default First Time Building, Problems at the end.

Here is my build to start off with. https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Bynokie/saved/R88HBm

Now for the problem I followed several tutorials, and had two friends help me via online text chat guide me through the process of putting together my computer. I got it all together and connected. And when I start it up all the fans turn on, all the cosmetic lights work, so on and so forth. As far as I know it should work. However it doesn't beep or signal that its booting up, and I cannot get any monitor or cable I have to show me anything but a no signal that flashes on the screen for a moment before going into sleep mode.

Here is what I've tried.

Re-seated the gpu, psu, ram sticks, fan connectors, cpu and cooling unit. I tried different DIMM slots, I tried 1 single stick of ram. Checked to make sure all power connectors are well seated. I am not sure what else to do. The only thing I haven't tried that was suggested was hard reset of the BIOS by removing the battery. Can somebody help?

Edit: Also it makes no sounds other than mechanical fans, no beeps.
    Last edited by Bynokie; 12-11-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bynokie View Post
    I got it all together and connected.
    That's part of the problem.

You should take the board out of the case, set it on a non-conductive surface, like the motherboard box, and only have the CPU and CPU cooler installed. No RAM. No drives. No graphics card. Nothing else.

When you power it up, you should get a "no RAM" error code.

If you do, put the RAM in and use the INTEGRATED GRAPHICS to see if you can get anything up on your monitor.

Proceed from there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gerow View Post
    That's part of the problem.

You should take the board out of the case, set it on a non-conductive surface, like the motherboard box, and only have the CPU and CPU cooler installed. No RAM. No drives. No graphics card. Nothing else.

When you power it up, you should get a "no RAM" error code.

If you do, put the RAM in and use the INTEGRATED GRAPHICS to see if you can get anything up on your monitor.

Proceed from there.
    When you say CPU cooler, how much of it needs to be installed. It's a liquid cooling system so it has fans, the radiator, the cooler attached to the cpu, the cpu fan connection, and the weird cord conneected to a usb thing on the motherboard. How far along that line?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, so i left the cpu fan plug in plugged in all the way, stuck the video cable in, and now i am at the bios screen for once. It detects my m.2 ssd, and that there is a cpu fan error and the 1 stick of ram thats in so far. its giving the option to run set up, otherwise thats it. It seems to detect the cpu as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts

Ok, so i left the cpu fan plug in plugged in all the way, stuck the video cable in, and now i am at the bios screen for once. It detects my m.2 ssd, and that there is a cpu fan error and the 1 stick of ram thats in so far. its giving the option to run set up, otherwise thats it. It seems to detect the cpu as well.
    Good. So what's missing other than not being in the case?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

GPU, second stick of ram, the case fans, HD audio cord, and both front panel usb connections. I believe thats all that is missing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts

GPU, second stick of ram, the case fans, HD audio cord, and both front panel usb connections. I believe thats all that is missing.
    Good. Install the second stick of RAM. Put everything back in the case and try it again.

If it still works, next add the graphics card. Then the case fans. Then the HD audio header connector, then the front panel USB.