Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: about gigabyte GTX 1650 4GB oc

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    jonnyGURU forums, of course!
    Posts
    16,313
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    545
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    338
    Thanked in
    246 Posts

    Default

    If you don't want to take advice, don't ask for advice.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    wut ? I don't know what you mean when you say that the psu "not built to work at 110V" , the GTX1650 need 300W power supply and the 650 I have now need 450W and also the 1650 just cunsumes 10W more than the 650.also I just did a test with furmark and I have not experienced any crash problems or other problems like blue screen or something like this.
    can't I run the GTX1650 4GB OC with this PSU ? and the psu model is from 2016

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    2,133
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    118
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    70
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HangBang67 View Post
    I don't know what you mean when you say that the psu "not built to work at 110V"

    Input Voltage: 230V, not 115ac - 240ac
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashiekh View Post
    Input Voltage: 230V, not 115ac - 240ac
    but how the voltage is related to the graphics card ?
    the 1650 need minimum 300W PSU and mine is 450W.
    I know that mine specific psu is not high quality but can't it handle the GTX1650 that consumes just 10W than the 650 that I have now
    and I did stress test to the graphics card using furmark and there were no problems like pc crash, blue screens or other errors..
    To the extent that my psu can't handle something like GTX1650 ?also some people said me that it will be ok (probably)..

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    2,133
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    118
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    70
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HangBang67 View Post
    but how the voltage is related to the graphics card ?
    the 1650 need minimum 300W PSU and mine is 450W.

    It is only 450W when run on 230V; now do you see the relation?
    Last edited by ashiekh; 12-10-2019 at 11:40 PM.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    123
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    38
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    13
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HangBang67 View Post
    but how the voltage is related to the graphics card ?
    the 1650 need minimum 300W PSU and mine is 450W.
    I know that mine specific psu is not high quality but can't it handle the GTX1650 that consumes just 10W than the 650 that I have now
    and I did stress test to the graphics card using furmark and there were no problems like pc crash, blue screens or other errors..
    The PSU can only output 396W on the +12V rail if it receives a 220VAC input. You seem to be living in the US, so the outlet will supply 110VAC, not 220VAC, thus doubling the amount of current needed to supply the same amount of power (P=IV). However the problem is that the PSU, only being built for 220VAC input can't handle double the current being sent to it.

    Besides, your PSU is really bad quality, so I wouldn't even use it for a 1650...

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hello_there_123 View Post
    The PSU can only output 396W on the +12V rail if it receives a 220VAC input. You seem to be living in the US, so the outlet will supply 110VAC, not 220VAC, thus doubling the amount of current needed to supply the same amount of power (P=IV). However the problem is that the PSU, only being built for 220VAC input can't handle double the current being sent to it.

    Besides, your PSU is really bad quality, so I wouldn't even use it for a 1650...
    butt when you purchasing a graphics card you don't look at the "Voltage" , you look at how much "Watts" it is consuming,
    and I understand that mine is not the best, but I don't understand how can't it handle the 1650.
    also,some people in other forum told me that my psu can handle the 1650
    and it is almost the same power consuming as the GTX650 that I have now.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,443
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    382
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    133
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HangBang67 View Post
    also,some people in other forum told me that my psu can handle the 1650
    But they can't give you one good argument, because they are simply wrong.

    There is only one good answer here and that is replace the power supply now. Everyone that says any different isn't helping you at all.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    2,133
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    118
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    70
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HangBang67 View Post
    also,some people in other forum told me that my psu can handle the 1650

    These guys don't seem to have realized you are running a 230V supply on 110V

    https://hardforum.com/threads/gtx-1650-4gb-oc.1989826/
    https://forums.tomshardware.com/thre...cards.3551577/

    the only reason we know is you have stated
    Location: United States
    Last edited by ashiekh; 12-11-2019 at 05:43 PM.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashiekh View Post
    These guys don't seem to have realized you are running a 230V supply on 110V

    https://hardforum.com/threads/gtx-1650-4gb-oc.1989826/
    https://forums.tomshardware.com/thre...cards.3551577/

    the only reason we know is you have stated
    Location: United States
    Are you really think that I am so stupid that I haven't see that you opened a new user in these 2 forums to tell me "if I run my 230V psu on 110V" ?
    and how do you knew that this 2 posts in "tomshardware" and "hardforum" IS mine ? there is mention in this forums that I am from US !

    edit : now I understand what you meant when you said "we know because my states location is US", yes, in other forums I have not added my states locations and maybe they are not knew that
    but anyway, I am not from US,
    I am from israel and here the electrity voltage is 220-230V so I don't think that this is a problem
    Last edited by HangBang67; 12-11-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •