Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: about gigabyte GTX 1650 4GB oc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default about gigabyte GTX 1650 4GB oc

hey, I need to upgrade my current GPU (GTX650 1GB oc) into a new one to be able to play
    the games I like ( I play mainly simulators) and I don't need a hard gamer card and I don't want now to waste a lot of money
    on graphics card because I planning to buy a new pc / make a big upgrades to my current one in 2-3 years from now(maybe little less or more).

I thought about the Gigabyte GTX 1650 4GB oc because my psu is not the best

my pc specs :
    intel core i5-4440
    8GB ram
    Motherboaord: msi h81m-e33
    case : cooler master k282
    Power supply : Thermaltake lite power LTP-450AL2NK
    here is a picture of my psu :

Now I don't have problems with my psu like loud noise/blue screens/blacks screens or something like that.
    (I know that my power supply model is not the best one but I can't afford now a new one so if the 1650 card should not be good for my psu, please suggest my about
    other GPU that can work good with my current psu).

thanks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HangBang67 For This Useful Post:

Mohammad Elham (12-13-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I really like the fanless ASUS GT 1030, but it is only about one third the power of the GTX 1650 and only 2GB but about half the price. It will also hardly tax your power supply, and needs no external power.

Then again its not that much more powerful than what you already have (GTX 650)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ashiekh; 12-07-2019 at 01:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ashiekh View Post
    I really like the fanless ASUS GT 1030, but it is only about one third the power of the GTX 1650 and only 2GB but about half the price. It will also hardly tax your power supply, and needs no external power.

Then again its not that much more powerful than what you already have (GTX 650)
    I don't want the GT 1030. I ask about the GTX 1650 4gb

please answer to the question I asked and not something that is not relevant for me.thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    247 Posts

You should replace that power supply before spending money on a new graphics card.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gerow View Post
    You should replace that power supply before spending money on a new graphics card.
    I can't, that's the reason I asked about the GPU in the title(GTX1650) and if this is good for my specs and if not recommend me about other modern medium-end card that can work good with my psu, thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HangBang67 View Post
    I can't, that's the reason I asked about the GPU in the title(GTX1650) and if this is good for my specs and if not recommend me about other modern medium-end card that can work good with my psu, thanks.
    Then don't get a graphics card at all until you can afford a new PSU.

Are you really in the United States? Because that PSU is for EU power (230V). It shouldn't work (or at least won't work properly) on U.S mains.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Gerow For This Useful Post:

ashiekh (12-08-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Then don't get a graphics card at all until you can afford a new PSU.

Are you really in the United States? Because that PSU is for EU power (230V). It shouldn't work (or at least won't work properly) on U.S mains.

some people at other forum told me that it will work and some told that not so I don't know

who to trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I think the Guru has this covered; running a 220V only supply at 110V works, but don't run it beyond half rating as the input current is doubled when moving from 220V to 110V

You really need a new power supply before doing anything else.

If the country you plan to use your computer in uses a lower AC line voltage than what your power supply supports (typically a lower voltage), it is suggested to not use that power supply for your PC. Lower voltages require more current to deliver the same amount of wattage. The components inside the power supply may only be able to handle so much current, therefore the unit may become damaged from prolonged usage.

Be aware that some power supplies may have active power factor correction, but may only accept higher voltage input (like 230V). This is because higher voltages are delivered at lower current, therefore the components in the power supply need only be capable of handling half the current of a power supply built to work on lower voltage mains (like 115V.) The use of these smaller scale components can significantly reduce the cost of a power supply.

If it could take 110V (at full load) the manufacturer would have said so; the bridge diodes will not be happy with double current unless designed to handle it.

So the seemingly contradictory advice was true... it will work, but don't do it.
    Last edited by ashiekh; 12-09-2019 at 10:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ashiekh View Post
    I think the Guru has this covered; running a 220V only supply at 110V works, but don't run it beyond half rating as the input current is doubled when moving from 220V to 110V

You really need a new power supply before doing anything else.

If it could take 110V (at full load) the manufacturer would have said so; the bridge diodes will not be happy with double current unless designed to handle it.

So the seemingly contradictory advice was true... it will work, but don't do it.
    I just need the 1650, no more than this, and I can't replace now the psu and also my model is from 2016 so it is not so old.
    and I know that it is not high quality psu but
    to the extent that it can't work with GTX 1650?
    that's only 10W more than the card I have now(I have now GTX 650).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

The supply was not built to work at 110V, nothing else need be said.