Thread: Need help choosing a PSU

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Need help choosing a PSU

Upgrade time is long overdue for me but I don't want to buy new components without getting a new PSU first.
    Currently my plan is to get Ryzen 5 2600, MSI B450 Tomahawk, GTX1060 (with potential upgrade to mid-tier new gen GPU) and 2x HDDs.

Due to various reasons I'm very limited with what PSUs I'd be able to find in my area so I made a list of PSU that I'm likely to find locally. I would appreciate any recommendations from this list, or what would be extremely if someone would sort this list by priority (I won't take it as a tier-list) of what should I aim first given the chance so when the time comes I can judge things by local prices.
    A few things to mention is ambient temp gets quite hot around the PC (particularly summer season) and while rare, blackouts and brownouts can happen.
    I don't care about the noise and modular cables if I can trade it for a PSU that runs on the cooler side and will have the least issues dealing with those electricity problems. Anyway here's a list:

Be Quiet Pure Power 11 500W
    Be Quiet System Power 9 500W
    BitFenix Formula Gold 550W
    Corsair CX 550
    Corsair TX550M
    Enermax RevoBron 500W
    Fractal Design Integra M 550W
    SeaSonic SSR-550FX FOCUS Plus Gold 550W

Thinking about 500-550W but maybe I'm way overestimating things and should go for something cheaper like BQ Straight Power 11 450W or CX450 450W.

And a question, do Be Quiet CM/non-CM PSUs have any hardware difference like Corsair CX/CXM (550) PSUs?
    Last edited by hextch; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Giving prices first or linking online stores to use would help a lot more, than sorting the PSUs by priority (quality), because that doesn't offer a lot of flexibility.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hello_there_123 View Post
    Giving prices first or linking online stores to use would help a lot more, than sorting the PSUs by priority (quality), because that doesn't offer a lot of flexibility.
    I wish it was that simple, but final price for me will most likely have much greater variance that the usual store prices that's why I included Seasonic for example. Like, I may be able to get that Seasonic unit for 105$ or 135$, or a CX450 may end up costing me 80$ instead of 65$... But anyway, if it helps with the recommendations I scraped a bunch of stores for more or less average price (which will be different for me anyway) and here's what I got:
    Be Quiet Pure Power 11 500W ~75$
    Be Quiet System Power 9 500W ~52$
    BitFenix Formula Gold 550W ~80$
    Corsair CX550 ~78$
    Corsair TX550M ~95$
    Corsair CX450 450W ~65$
    Enermax RevoBron 500W ~97$
    Fractal Design Integra M 550W ~85$
    SeaSonic SSR-550FX FOCUS Plus Gold ~115$
    Obviously I'm not going to blindly treat it as a tier list but I'd like to get some foundation about the current state of PSUs since I know next to nothing about PSUs.