Thread: Some good words about OCZ and a question about OEM manufacturers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile Some good words about OCZ and a question about OEM manufacturers.

I have been using an OCZ ModXStream Pro 500w since around 2010. It has been running 24/7 for almost 10 years with the exception of when I was on vacation. It has powered an Intel Core i5 750 (Nehalem), an AMD 7700k (Kaveri) and an AMD Ryzen 1200 (Summit Ridge). They were all overclocked as high as possible and the PSU coped with them all. I experienced no excess heat or noise or instability. I think my overclocking endeavours were always limited by how much current the PSU could supply to the CPU, but that was fine because my results aligned with what other people were reporting. The PSU was a good match for my needs and it lasted very well.

I have had experience of other PSU's catastrophically failing and that fright (BANG!) and smell isn't something I want to repeat. I didn't realise this one was so old and I think it's time for a replacement. I was disappointed to learn that OCZ don't sell PSU's any more, which is why I came here.

I believe the OEM manufacturer was Topower or FSP Sirtec and because of the good experience I'd like to give them my business again and I was wondering which modern PSU's use that manufacturer. Or if Sirtec aren't recommended who are the currently recommended OEM manufacturers.

I will probably buy something in the 600W or 700W range this time just to have more amps to feed the Ryzen 1200 and GTX 970 to their limit before I replace them, and to have some headroom for the future.

Thanks for your time and thanks to Jonny for this great resource he has given us.

EDIT : I was wrong about the OEM manufacturer. I should have Googled better. If this chart is correct the ModXStream Pro 500W was made by Sirtec.
    Last edited by Soltastic; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:39 AM. Reason: Incorrect OEM info

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

According to this old article, the OEM was Sirtec (High Power):
    https://www.anandtech.com/show/2724/14

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SilverStone For This Useful Post:

Soltastic (4 Weeks Ago)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You got there just as I was editing I found a chart from a Toms Hardware article with the same info and edited my original post.

Assuming they are still a high quality manufacturer, I'd like to buy another PSU manufactured by Sirtec.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

We still use them in quite a number of our PSUs. The Strider Platinum from 550W to 850W for example are Sirtec (High Power) manufactured.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

FD ion is brand new sirfa too.