Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSU recommendations for current build.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RocketCS View Post
    Really? I was aiming for 600-750w just to be safe and incase I upgrade heavy later.
    9900K + 2080TI overclocked has a hard time hitting 500W unless you custom loop. And generally performance per watt has been going up insanely fast these past few generations.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Payne View Post
    That is not true.
    Its just, converted, ~5 more than in Germany. So that is a very good price, wich converts to 68USD or 62
    CX550 on Amazon.de is 51 euro, TXM 550 64. So yes a Pure Power 11 500W in Germany for 57 Euro would be a ripoff, let alone 62 euro...

Debatable...
    For ~500W, both are fine, the be quiet however has the better fan and fan controller with ~500rpm at lower loads while the CX550 is at 900rpm, so its fairly noticable...
    Overall quality is more or less the same for both units. One uses LLC Resonant, the other Active Clamb, but the overall "quality" is something only an engineer can say after dozens of hours of reverse engineering.

And with my Tests with my (granted, power limited) VEGA64, I couldn't hear anything from the Pure Power I have...
    Ok, you say overall quality is "more or less the same" for both units, then go on to say that "overall quality is something only an engineer can say after dozens of hours of reverse engineering." Aren't you contradicting yourself there?

Edit: my bad, I got confused with the other thread where OP didn't care about noise.

For other countrys, maybe, but for Australia??
    Over here there is for example the Bitfenix Formula...
    I just listed an example (the only example, but nevertheless an example). The CX550 for 15 AUD less than the Pure Power 11 500W.
    Last edited by hello_there_123; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hello_there_123 View Post
    9900K + 2080TI overclocked has a hard time hitting 500W unless you custom loop. And generally performance per watt has been going up insanely fast these past few generations.
    Fair call, I did a lot of looking around last night reading reviews and watching videos. While I know it might be a little over kill I was thinking about this one

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/...w-power-supply

It seems to have good reviews everywhere, only $175 AUD from that link with the 10 year warranty.

Money really isn't a concern I don't want to skimp on a PSU as JG himself said not to haha.

Edit: yeah noise is isn't a massive concern of mine as you said I just want the most reliable and best build quality I can get for up to $300 AUD. That said if it's a quieter I don't mind same for if it comes or not with rgb.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Fair call, I did a lot of looking around last night reading reviews and watching videos. While I know it might be a little over kill I was thinking about this one

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/...w-power-supply

It seems to have good reviews everywhere, only $175 AUD from that link with the 10 year warranty.

Money really isn't a concern I don't want to skimp on a PSU as JG himself said not to haha.

Edit: yeah noise is isn't a massive concern of mine as you said I just want the most reliable and best build quality I can get for up to $300 AUD. That said if it's a quieter I don't mind same for if it comes or not with rgb.
    If you're limited to those two stores only (which it seems you are) then the Pure Power 11 is a fine choice. Your build only consumes around 300-350W max OC anyway. I don't really see the advantage of getting anything more higher end than the Pure Power 11 for such a low wattage build.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hello_there_123 View Post
    If you're limited to those two stores only (which it seems you are) then the Pure Power 11 is a fine choice. Your build only consumes around 300-350W max OC anyway. I don't really see the advantage of getting anything more higher end than the Pure Power 11 for such a low wattage build.
    I'm not limited don't know where you pulled that from. I replied to you on the previous page with two other sites and mentioned that any Aussie stores were my preference. Additionally I also added the links to my OP and a separate comment stating the were added...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I'm not limited don't know where you pulled that from. I replied to you on the previous page with two other sites and mentioned that any Aussie stores were my preference. Additionally I also added the links to my OP and a separate comment stating the were added...
    Oh, my bad, I didn't read the OP. I'm sorry. In that case the CX550 is on Scorptec for 89 AUD. https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/...914b5b0b9cb4e7

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I went with the rm650x but thanks for the feedback and good comparisons.