Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What PSU would you guys reccomend me for my new pc?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If you really want to go with Intel, 9600KF is probably the best choice considered price/performance.
    But the next gen Intel CPUs are coming (and on a total new platform) so it's really not a good time to buy now.
    Ryzen seems to be a better choice.

If you only play games, R5 3600X preformance is close to R7. Consider it if you want to save some money.

X570 Motherboards will probably support Ryzen 4000, not sure about X470. In my country ASRock and MSI are much more popular than ASUS, Gigabyte.
    You should find some info about which mobo and ram that will be most compatible.

That CPU cooler is overkill since Ryzens aren't high in temp and are poor overclockers. 30$ air coolers will work just fine. (or you can just go with Wraith Spire)

R5/7 or i5/7 + GTX 2080S consumes roughly 300-400W so 550W PSU will work just fine. If you want some headroom then 600-650W is more than enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

cool i will use the rm550x then! Just a random question will there be any sale on these components on black friday?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pooier View Post
    cool i will use the rm550x then! Just a random question will there be any sale on these components on black friday?
    Some maybe, but most of the time the less interesting stuff. The more expensive stuff with a higher margin. At least here in The Netherlands.
    Last edited by -The_Mask-; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is my latest build now after all the changes : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PRjNq3
    Will this be all okay now?

Thanks for everything !!
    Last edited by Pooier; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

I'd prefer one of the other units Mask listed because of the PCIe/CPU COnnectors of wich the RM550x only has two.
    Meaining if you want a higher power GPU, you have to use one connector on the PSU, wich might be problematic. I'd use 2 for a VEGA or x80ti nVIdia...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Okay then i will go for the be quiet! Straight Power 11 550W.

Thanks for your reaction !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

So i’ve put all the items in pcpartpicker but it gives me a warning about the bios update (Ram not available on this site) : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rqjNq3
    When i complete the build i can just boot and then update the bios later on with no problems right?

Thanks!!
    PCPartPicker is wrong, all MSI Max motherboard have Ryzen 3000 support out of the box. It's one of the reasons I recommended that motherboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Payne View Post
    I'd prefer one of the other units Mask listed because of the PCIe/CPU COnnectors of wich the RM550x only has two.
    Meaining if you want a higher power GPU, you have to use one connector on the PSU, wich might be problematic. I'd use 2 for a VEGA or x80ti nVIdia...
    I doesn't really matter how many connectors you have on one cable. Even 4 PEG connectors on one cable can be fine if you choose the right cables and connectors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That means it is better just to stick with the corsair RM550x ? Or wouldnt it really matter if i choose the be quiet! Straight Power 11 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

That means it is better just to stick with the corsair RM550x ? Or wouldnt it really matter if i choose the be quiet! Straight Power 11 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply.
    It's just what you prefer. Corsair has longer warranty, be quiet! has a better fan and doesn't use incable capacitors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Payne View Post
    I'm not a fan of AIO Water things. I don't trust them at all and they don't seem to be that reliable.
    I'd rather spend the money on a big block of Metal that just works and has no moving parts...

Personally I prefer the Austrians a bit over be quiet. . . .

TL; DR: if you don't need it (ie for a high end Threadripper thingy for example), don't get an AIO, get a normal, medium size Heatsink. SOmething like the NH-U14 or Dark Rock 4.
    Be sure that if you get a Dark Rock, do NOT get a Dark Rock TF. I reviewed the TF and found the mount to be bad. I personally would opt for a Noctua NH-D15 or an NH-D14 with new fans.
    Core i7 4770K @4.3GHz + iGPU | GA-Z87X-UD4H | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3@1600MHz
    Prolimatech Armageddon heatsink w/ 2 x 140mm NF-A14 PWM fans
    Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | WD Black 4TB file disk | WD Red 3TB backup disk
    Fractal Design Define R5 case w/2 x NF-A14 ULN front fans | no exhaust fan; grill removed
    PSU Seasonic X-650 Gold