Thread: New PSU for RX 5700 XT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question New PSU for RX 5700 XT

Hello. I am saving up for RX 5700 XT Nitro+ or RX 5700 XT Pulse and after asking around I found out my current PSU (Zalman ZM500-GSII 500Watt) would not be enough for that card so I am asking here for an advice.

Specs: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI B450-A Pro, one of the GPUs mentioned above, SilentiumPC Regnum rg4, 2x8 GB Ballistix Sport LT 3200 Mhz, 2x500GB HDD + 1x500GB SSD.

No manual OC planned but possible.

I live in Czech Republic, the site for finding components I usually use is https://zdroje.heureka.cz/ or specific market websites, the biggest ones being https://www.alza.cz/ and https://www.czc.cz/

Budget is about 2500 Kč. Ideally within 2000 Kč

Thanks for response :)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And can I ask why is my current PSU not good enough ? TDP for GPU + CPU sums to 306W and that is like way below my 500W. I am just interested, not doubting your recommendations or anything Maybe the one I have now is bad alltogether because my PC boots properly only like every other time (when I start the screen usuallly goes black after a bit of the MSI loading logo and then I have to press the restart button on my case, it restarts and works. And sometimes it just works on first try)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTrolll View Post
    And can I ask why is my current PSU not good enough ? TDP for GPU + CPU sums to 306W and that is like way below my 500W. I am just interested, not doubting your recommendations or anything Maybe the one I have now is bad alltogether because my PC boots properly only like every other time (when I start the screen usuallly goes black after a bit of the MSI loading logo and then I have to press the restart button on my case, it restarts and works. And sometimes it just works on first try)
    My suspicion, based solely on brand names, is that while the alleged wattage is sufficient, others with inside knowledge will tell you the you cannot trust a Zalman PSU.
    Core i7 4770K @4.3GHz + iGPU | GA-Z87X-UD4H | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3@1600MHz
    Prolimatech Armageddon heatsink w/ 2 x 140mm NF-A14 PWM fans
    Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | WD Black 4TB file disk | WD Red 3TB backup disk
    Fractal Design Define R5 case w/2 x NF-A14 ULN front fans | no exhaust fan; grill removed
    PSU Seasonic X-650 Gold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTrolll View Post
    Old double forward, group regulated design with only 444W on the +12V. It's just garbage.