Thread: MWE White (v2) or VS (grey)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default MWE White (v2) or VS (grey)

I recently bought an Aorus RX 570 and have to replace my generic PSU. In my location the best I could get for my budget (50 - 60max USD) are maybe:

MWE White 500 or 550 v2
    -cant find anyone talking about this PSU except the one thread here

VS grey 550
    -relatively a lot of positive feedback in my country. Might be the best option for a not good not bad quality

EVGA BV 500W
    -people online said it is bad. Idk, it is out of stock

Seasonic S2II 520
    -idk about this one

FSP Hyper K 600W
    -no reviews as well

I see people suggesting 50-60USD with a more decent PSU but the pricing here is different. The only available here are:

MWE Broze v2 550W - 60USD
    -probably my best choice tbh but it is out of stock in the store that I am buying. Other stores offer around 70USD.

MWE Bronze v2 600W - 75USD

CX 550 - 75USD

I know there are better priced units on amazon but with 30USD shipping, it's basically the same price as here.

Im thinking of buying either the VS550 or MWE White. I really want to try the MWE. Is it at least on par with VS? I just want a not good not bad PSU that would last atleast 3 years that has a zero to really really really low probability of damaging my components. What do you guys think?

Specs: i5 3470, RX 570 4gb, 16gb ram, 1tb hdd, no rgb fans, not planning to overclock.
    Last edited by lanceeee_; 10-23-2019 at 10:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

The MWE White 550 V2 is probably the best bet on that list. It's the most modern design and has DC-DC for the secondary side.

The MWE Bronze V2 or Corsair CX would be better options but they seem to be out of your price range. The EVGA BV is probably the worst on the list, it's more of an unknown than anything definite, but we are at least aware that it's based on an old and outdated design. Corsair VS series is decent if all-in-all unremarkable. For what's in stock, it would be my second choice next to the MWE White V2. The FSP Hyper K is more efficient than the Corsair VS series but otherwise unimpressive even by comparison to such a budget design. Finally the Seasonic S12II is another old design, nothing awful but the MWE White V2 is better and the VS is more or less equivalent to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tator Tot View Post
    The MWE White 550 V2 is probably the best bet on that list. It's the most modern design and has DC-DC for the secondary side.

The MWE Bronze V2 or Corsair CX would be better options but they seem to be out of your price range. The EVGA BV is probably the worst on the list, it's more of an unknown than anything definite, but we are at least aware that it's based on an old and outdated design. Corsair VS series is decent if all-in-all unremarkable. For what's in stock, it would be my second choice next to the MWE White V2. The FSP Hyper K is more efficient than the Corsair VS series but otherwise unimpressive even by comparison to such a budget design. Finally the Seasonic S12II is another old design, nothing awful but the MWE White V2 is better and the VS is more or less equivalent to it.
    This is my first time upgrading a PSU, your reply is really helpful, thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lanceeee_ View Post
    MWE White 500 or 550 v2
    -cant find anyone talking about this PSU except the one thread here
    V2 is pretty new and looks good.
    The old MWE not so much.
    VS grey 550
    -relatively a lot of positive feedback in my country. Might be the best option for a not good not bad quality

EVGA BV 500W
    -people online said it is bad. Idk, it is out of stock
    no, just no.
    Both shouldn't be considered.

Seasonic S2II 520
    -idk about this one
    Why do people even consider this ~10 Year old junk??
    Lacks every useful protection -> OCP on all rails, OTP and UVP on 12V, Single rail despite earlier labels claiming 2, loud.
    Absolutely NOT something to even consider...

FSP Hyper K 600W
    -no reviews as well
    if no review, then PSU is more likely than not not something to consider...
    And the Hyper K doesn't look that good either...

I see people suggesting 50-60USD with a more decent PSU but the pricing here is different. The only available here are:
    MWE Broze v2 550W - 60USD
    MWE Bronze v2 600W - 75USD
    CX 550 - 75USD
    The MWE V2 is the best, no need for the 600W IMO.
    Except if Cooler Master does something similar as the V1, where they switched the Plattform with the 600W MWE for whatever reason...