Thread: Need some PSU info Rosewill/Seasonic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Need some PSU info Rosewill/Seasonic

Firstly, hello!
    Iíve been browsing around the forums here for years and finally decided to join up after the man himself sent me here from Toms.
    First post and I have a couple questions.

Currently I have this build: (build 1)

Fractal design meshify Mini C tg
    Msi b450m gaming plus
    Ryzen 5 2600
    Stealth cooler
    2x8 gb trident Z RGB 3000/16
    Kingston 480gb SSD
    Sapphire RX580 nitro+
    Seasonic Focus Platinum 550w (tentative)
    4x 120mm fans total including the two on cpu cooler.

Upcoming Build: (Build 2)
    Inwin 101 Tuf Gaming case
    Asus Tuf B450 Pro Gaming ATX
    CPU: tbd (debating on another 2600 or go 2700/3600 also trying to budget for the least expense)
    Gammax GT Tuf edition push pull
    2x8gb ddr4 Adata XPG RGB 3200/16
    Team L5 1TB SSD
    Gpu: 5700 XT
    PSU: tbd
    8x fans including the two on the cooler

Iím selling build 1 to a buddy to fund build 2.
    I made him a good deal on it but explained Iíd be swapping a few components.

Build 1 currently has the 550w seasonic in it but Iím keeping it and putting in a different one prior to sale.
    Atm my budget isnít a number so much as it is spend as little as possible without buying junk.

First PSU question:
    Newegg has the Rosewill Lepton 500w modular gold+ on sale at 69.99$
    Short on actual in depth reviews on the web, heard mention here it resembled an Andyson model.
    Will it be a good PSU for Build one Interms of reliability and quality power delivery for gaming?

Nothing comes close to this price that I feel is a decent unit, with the Corsair cx550 coming in at 84.99$

Second PSU question:
    Will the Seasonic 550w Focus platinum
    Be adequate for build two with either a 2600 or 2700 cpu and the rest of the parts list?

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heavymetal2000 View Post
    First PSU question:
    Newegg has the Rosewill Lepton 500w modular gold+ on sale at 69.99$
    Short on actual in depth reviews on the web, heard mention here it resembled an Andyson model.
    Will it be a good PSU for Build one Interms of reliability and quality power delivery for gaming?

Nothing comes close to this price that I feel is a decent unit, with the Corsair cx550 coming in at 84.99$
    It's definitely Andyson. But who knows how it's actually built inside.

What really bugs me about it is the lack of 80 PLUS. Sure, it has a logo on the PSU. But where's the report? And it's not like the Valens-M (a Rosewill PSU that DOES have an 80 PLUS report associated with it) and Lepton are the same product with two different names. The two are quite different PSUs.

There's been speculation that the Lepton may be based on Andyson's GX Series, which wouldn't be horrible: http://www.f14lab.com/2018/05/review...x600-600w.html

From the rear, the two look almost identical looking through the grill. Only the ON/OFF switch is oriented differently, which could be because of the status LED on the GX (a cost adder). The DC output specs are identical too. The modular interface is different (GX has one additional fixed cable while the Lepton has one additional modular cable).

Second PSU question:
    Will the Seasonic 550w Focus platinum
    Be adequate for build two with either a 2600 or 2700 cpu and the rest of the parts list?

Thanks!
    It'd be fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

would you personally recommend that unit as safe to run in build one or is it more of a, itís decent but I wouldnít run it?
    If not, on the Canadian market is there similar priced PSUís that are better for that build?

Iím not against a CX but there stupid expensive in Canada unless you find a sale and even then itís like 5$ off.
    Or itís a MIR which Iím not interested in.

As for the seasonic Focus, I read something regarding high power draw issues with hungry GPUís, should I be worried?
    Is there a way once I have the rig built to see if itíll be an issue?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts

[QUOTE=Heavymetal2000;159929]would you personally recommend that unit as safe to run in build one or is it more of a, itís decent but I wouldnít run it?
    If not, on the Canadian market is there similar priced PSUís that are better for that build?

I think it should be "safe".

And if you need warranty, Rosewill is pretty reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavymetal2000 View Post
    As for the seasonic Focus, I read something regarding high power draw issues with hungry GPUís, should I be worried?
    Is there a way once I have the rig built to see if itíll be an issue?
    Yeah. But you're not using a really hungry GPU.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Perfect, thanks for the reply!