Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Seasonic M12II EVO or EVGA 600BR

Hello, I have a problem choosing between the
    Seasonic M12II Evo 620w 80+ Bronze
    and
    EVGA 600BR 600w 80+ Bronze

Based on my research the 600BR has newer safety features than the m12II Evo, but the Evo has an operating temperature of 40Celsius. The 600BR only has 30Celsius rating. This is important for me because I live in the Philippines, a tropical country. Sometimes ambient room temperature is around 31-38 degrees celsius in my room. Modularity is of no concern to me since I have a PSU shroud on my case. The m12II evo has a 5 year warranty while the EVGA 600BR only has a 3 year warranty.

I also read somewhere that the DC-DC feature is important and I dont quite understand it.

I will run it with an I5-8400 and an ASUS Expedition RX570.
    Thank you very much!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Maybe there's better choices in your country. One of them is a 10 year old power supply that was mediocre when it was released, and the other is untested.

Post links to online stores you can use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mkULTRA View Post
    Sometimes ambient room temperature is around 31-38 degrees celsius in my room.

I also read somewhere that the DC-DC feature is important and I dont quite understand it.

Many supplies draw air from inside the PC case and so you might want a supply rated for 50C

* GROUP REGULATED
    One can generate 12, 5, 3.3V all at once, but then one only gets to regulate one and the others follow (group regulated).

* DC-DC
    On the other hand one can generate 12V (regulated) and THEN generate the 5 and 3.3V separately (DC-DC) and so one can now regulate them all independently.
    Last edited by ashiekh; 07-23-2019 at 08:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Maybe there's better choices in your country. One of them is a 10 year old power supply that was mediocre when it was released, and the other is untested.

Post links to online stores you can use.
    I think I'm going with the Seasonic Focus Gold SSR-550FM 550w PSU. Its the maximum of my budget. It costs $79.00 USD when converted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

It's impossible to say if it's a good or bad choice without knowing other options in your stores and their comparative prices... but ok.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ashiekh View Post
    Many supplies draw air from inside the PC case and so you might want a supply rated for 50C

* GROUP REGULATED
    One can generate 12, 5, 3.3V all at once, but then one only gets to regulate one and the others follow (group regulated).

* DC-DC
    On the other hand one can generate 12V (regulated) and THEN generate the 5 and 3.3V separately (DC-DC) and so one can now regulate them all independently.
    Normally in group regulated the 3.3V is independent and the 5,12V are regulated together.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to none77 For This Useful Post:

ashiekh (07-24-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by none77 View Post
    Normally in group regulated the 3.3V is independent and the 5,12V are regulated together.
    sometimes is that is one mag amp on output... does it mean, that 12, 5 and 3,3V are group regulated? if not, in such cases must be really big jumping voltages i think.