Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it new PSU time for a new build?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gerow View Post
    That Antec ship sailed a long time ago. Even their HCG is made by Andyson these days.
    I guess I meant a spiritual successor in the sense that the Signatures were the ones to beat 10 years ago.

I guess I should start going through the reviews that have been more recent to see if there's anything at the top like the Signature was back then. It sounds like I can probably get away with something in the 650W range too instead of ~850W?
    -ShadoMagi-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

650W should be enough for a high-end gaming machine with one GPU.

https://www.newegg.com/corsair-hx-se...82E16817139206
    At this moment the Corsair HX750 is a good option for 125 dollars after rebate. High quality, high performance, really silent and 10 years warranty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looking through the reviews I'm getting some good feelings on the Seasonic PRIME like Tater Tot mentioned. The HXi and AXi models from corsair also catch my eye with the ability to digitally monitor on what look like also pretty solid supplies.
    -ShadoMagi-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShadoMagi View Post
    Looking through the reviews I'm getting some good feelings on the Seasonic PRIME like Tater Tot mentioned. The HXi and AXi models from corsair also catch my eye with the ability to digitally monitor on what look like also pretty solid supplies.
    Corsair's current HXi units are better than their AXi models.

Like I said before, their are units equal to the Prime Ultra Titanium that I mentioned and the Corsair HXi line would be one. The only performance factor you're loosing out on is efficiency (Platinum vs Titanium) which really is pretty much a non-factor most of the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

But HXi is normal cheaper and has software control and multiple OCP's on the 12V, something Prime Ultra Titanium doesn't have. Which makes the Prime Ultra Titanium not that interesting, it just doesn't have anything special, it's just more expensive. HX Platinum has the same platform, but lacks the software control. Both HX and HXi are more interesting imo because of that.