Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yate Loon D12SM-12 vs Hong Hua ha1225m12f-z

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

What I like about Hong Hua - all in all their quality is consistent. I still haven't made it to their factory but seen a few others. Production process of some fan factories is much more advanced than in others. Of course apllying high standards in mass production will make the fan more expensive as well. The difference between different productions runs and even within one production lot will be much smaller so quality will be more consistent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Philipus II View Post
    What I like about Hong Hua - all in all their quality is consistent. I still haven't made it to their factory but seen a few others. Production process of some fan factories is much more advanced than in others. Of course apllying high standards in mass production will make the fan more expensive as well. The difference between different productions runs and even within one production lot will be much smaller so quality will be more consistent.
    I remember when I went to Hong Shen. They assemble everything in completely open air, including moving subassemblies from one section to another. I asked "how do you keep dust and other particulates out of the moving parts?" When that got translated from English to Chinese, the Chinese guy behind me that was stacking impellers into a cardboard box looks at me and just closes the top of the box and give a hard nod as if to say "like this!"

I was not impressed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Chinese work at its best

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

one CX model (made from GW) uses YL, and it is a riffle according to Corsair's info back then, so the reviewer was correct

Indeed fan evaluations are a bitch if you don't have the proper tools. But at least for me, it is very easy to judge on their build quality, during noise testing. I can catch everything there, from unbalanced shafts/blades to bearing noise at lower/mid speeds. The ideal would be to also have a Longwin machine to check on airflow and static pressure, but this will have to wait. Corsair is among the very few brands having such a machine at their HQ's and I envy them he he.