Thread: Pc freezing and making a sound.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Pc freezing and making a sound.

Hello

I have just ordered a new pc last week. I don't know if it helps or if it is related but i will give the system specs here:

CPU: Intel CoreI5 9600K
    FAN: Corsair H80i
    MB: Asus Prime z390-p
    RAM: 8x2 Corsair 3000mhz
    GC: MSI GTX1660 Armor
    PSU: Corsair VS550
    SSD: Corsair MP500 480gb
    HDD: Seagate 1tb 7200rpm

I used a powerboost x-53 case temporarily. I have a Corsair Carbide-400R and a RM750x with my previous pc so this case and psu will be replaced when i go back to work in september. I am stressing on the case because that case is what bugs me right now regarding the problem.

Anyway, you people all are familiar with this blinking/freezing screen with a weird buzzing sound. I remember this problem in the past too. But this is a brand new pc so it is annoying to have it. This freeze would usually be followed by a blue screen in the past but this new pc does not show me a blue screen or it does not shut down. It freezes, does the buzzing sound then in a few seconds it comes to its senses and keeps working just like nothing happened. I did some logging with the afterburner by MSI hoping to find the problematic part by seeing what goes wrong when this happens. But in the log from afterburner, it seems all of the values are falling during this problem. CPU usage goes higher, rams work harder, power is lower, ram speed is lower, only the graphics card seems it wasnt affected very much. 2-3 minutes after the problem happened, fans worked significantly faster.

I tried to make everything smooth whilst getting this pc together. I used high quality thermal material, i was careful with the cables and all those good things. Only hitch happened, because i used a rather tight and low quality temporary case, i attached the radiator of the cooler to the exhaust of the case and attached only one of two fans of the cooler to the other side of the radiator. But i monitored temprature levels and the cpu is at around 30-32 C while idle and the graphics card is around 50-52 C. I used benchmark to see what happens at high load. After 25 minutes of %99 power high load benchmarking cpu was lower than 55C, graphics card went upto 70C but i assume it was normal at 25 minutes of high load.

My cpu is not overclocked. I only used XMP to get rams work at 3000mhz. I can not think of anything else what should cause this problem. If any of you guys here have something in mind to offer, i will appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance.

ps: i tried to attach the msi afterburner log file but the forum does not allow the file type.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

Can you isolate where the buzzing noise is coming from?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The noise is coming from my speakers. It's a decently high pitch buzzing.

I alse have been trying to figure out all day. I can add these information too. I did not do my latest BIOS update and I have both realtek and nvidia high definition sound drivers installed. I'm not sure if these can cause the problem tho.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

Oooohh... Ok. I thought you were talking about an electrical buzzing noise actually coming from a particular component. Not a noise from your speakers.

First "guess" would be GPU overheating, but you say you've looked at that and it looks good. So I'm at a loss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

How about a bad ground, or just simply because the speaker wires are not twisted and so act like an antenna.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ashiekh View Post
    How about a bad ground, or just simply because the speaker wires are not twisted and so act like an antenna.
    Only after the PC freezes? And then stops after the PC exits back out to desktop (which means it's not a hard lock)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Oops, I lost the thread; sorry about that.