Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default JapCaps™

Guess my previous post was off-topic.

http://www.rubycon.co.jp/profile/production.html
    https://www.chemi-con.co.jp/e/company/bases.html
    http://www.nichicon.co.jp/english/co...m_network.html

Found major japanese cap company plants are mostly domestic, but forum saids they are mostly made in China. Which is right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Both is true. Some are also made in Taiwan.

Not everything is as clear-cut as you might expect or hope for... The most important factor for capacitor longevity and performance consistency across batches is the aluminium foil purity.
    This might prompt a manufacturer to refine the raw aluminium and produce foil rolls in Japan, in factories/plants with stricter tolerances and better QC, but final assembly and electrolyte mixing etc. might take place in mainland China and/or Taiwan.

Some (by design) lower-performance series might be produced entirely in China. Some are even fully outsourced and then just branded.

It really depends, there isn't a single manufacturer/brand that makes all their products using exactly the same procedures for all production series.
    Careful what you wish for... You just might get it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to McSteel For This Useful Post:

rgbodosk (07-06-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rgbodosk View Post
    Guess my previous post was off-topic.

http://www.rubycon.co.jp/profile/production.html
    https://www.chemi-con.co.jp/e/company/bases.html
    http://www.nichicon.co.jp/english/co...m_network.html

Found major japanese cap company plants are mostly domestic, but forum saids they are mostly made in China. Which is right?
    I, nor anyone else, ever said that there were no caps made in Japan. What I said is that products made in China tend not to use Japanese made caps.

Quote Originally Posted by McSteel View Post
    Both is true. Some are also made in Taiwan.
    Which ones? I've been in contact with Teapo and Elite (Chinsan) because I wanted to shorten the supply chain so PSUs could be assembled in Taiwan due to Trump's tariffs and both Teapo and Elite said they had no facilities in Taiwan anymore. Teapo is all in China and Elite is in China and Thailand.

Quote Originally Posted by McSteel View Post
    Some (by design) lower-performance series might be produced entirely in China. Some are even fully outsourced and then just branded.

Some of the good series are made in China by the company's own facilities. The lower performance series are actually made by third party factories, including Su'Scon's and Elite's factory (been there, seen it).

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon Gerow For This Useful Post:

Philipus II (07-07-2019), rgbodosk (07-07-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gerow View Post
    Some of the good series are made in China by the company's own facilities. The lower performance series are actually made by third party factories, including Su'Scon's and Elite's factory (been there, seen it).
    I can confirm.
    Last edited by Jon Gerow; 07-07-2019 at 12:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gerow View Post
    Which ones? I've been in contact with Teapo and Elite (Chinsan) because I wanted to shorten the supply chain so PSUs could be assembled in Taiwan due to Trump's tariffs and both Teapo and Elite said they had no facilities in Taiwan anymore. Teapo is all in China and Elite is in China and Thailand.
    Taicon? Their XinFeng factory should still be in use for higher performance/stricter tolerance series... There are also some lower-tier manufacturers who could, in theory, make something useful given enough incentive, like JackCon or S'Tech (Supertech/STEC)... Still, I see your point - no one worth their weight in salt produces anywhere but China, save for rare (and usually expensive) exceptions.
    Careful what you wish for... You just might get it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Probaly bad cap man....These Rubycons I don't think were of anything higher order....pretty general Purpose....I DID see good hold up from the Xunda's though man. try to find them man.
    Ryzen 2600x 4.3 1.375v, Loop
    MSI X470 Gaming Plus
    Evga SuperSC 3200mhz CL15
    PNY NVME 480gb
    Reference Vega 56
    WD Blue 1tb
    Cooler Master GX II Pro 750w

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

That's not exactly specifically the issue man..as long as some reasonable quality. And you will probably need a Replacement and trying to match it with god knows what. All those chemion's had the better Hold up though...They did...This wasss like lower tier Rubycon...the hold up isn't that good it looks like dogged Nichicon...pretty close.
    Ryzen 2600x 4.3 1.375v, Loop
    MSI X470 Gaming Plus
    Evga SuperSC 3200mhz CL15
    PNY NVME 480gb
    Reference Vega 56
    WD Blue 1tb
    Cooler Master GX II Pro 750w

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Batboy88 View Post
    Probaly bad cap man....These Rubycons I don't think were of anything higher order....pretty general Purpose....I DID see good hold up from the Xunda's though man. try to find them man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batboy88 View Post
    That's not exactly specifically the issue man..as long as some reasonable quality. And you will probably need a Replacement and trying to match it with god knows what. All those chemion's had the better Hold up though...They did...This wasss like lower tier Rubycon...the hold up isn't that good it looks like dogged Nichicon...pretty close.
    Who are you talking to???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Is it just me? I can't make head or tail of the Bat... man.