Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44

Thread: You'll find me here!

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,531
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    34
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashiekh View Post
    How come murder rates dropped when Australia tightened their gun laws?
    It didn't, as far as I know.
    It droppet about the same amount in other regions as well. So its hard to find a relationship between gun ownership and murder rates (wich is the important thing, not just by gun)...
    http://theredelephants.com/speaker-a...ond-amendment/

    And AFAIK, Australia owns more guns right now than they did back in the day.
    But that is the Problem: We do not really know why it gets lower...
    There are other factors at play as well. For example some people have the Theory that Playstation and XBox reduced crime because people rather play Videogames than breaking the law...


    But lets assume a Robber trys to rob a bank - and everyone there has a gun.
    Can that robber rob the bank or is it a very bad idea to even try?

    And now the same situation without Gun or good self defense laws so that only the Robbers have a gun...

    You see what I mean?

    There are even things like this:
    https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/c...-1993-and-2013
    Where people claim that Gun-Homicide Rates decrease as Gun Ownership Increased...

    Yes, I know the Media points a wrong picture about Guns and makes them responsible for every bad thing that happened - and not the User of the Gun. Because in the End the Gun is just a Tool - just like a Hammer, a Pencil and a Screw Driver.
    And while you use those tools usually are used as intended for metal work, driving nails into walls or wood, writing and screwing screws, a gun is usually used for recreational purpose as well.

    For example:
    https://youtu.be/dNfRQ0dgB_E


    Buttom Line is:
    Guns are loud and scary, a Screwdriver or hammer is not, yet you can use them to harm people as well if you ban that, people will use other stuff...
    And then only the bad guys will have guns, the good guys can't do anything and have to rely on the Gouvernment...

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    79
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    44
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    Gun crime has been on a steady rise in the UK over the past few years whilst having some very strict gun laws. Around 50% of those crimes are committed with handguns which were banned in 1997. On the other hand, we have had very few mass shootings, none since 2010. I believe this upward trend is mostly down to policing which is constantly under budget constraints which very much effect there means to tackle the problem.

    In the UK I believe gun control helps to restrict unwell people from having access to guns and in turn reduces the number of mass shootings and guns used in terrorist attacks. On the other hand, it does not stop gun crime which is mostly connected to the organised crime but did see a decline with stricter guns laws introduced.

    Stefan does make a good point in that we are completely reliant on the government to solve the problem with gun-related crime.

    The US is vastly different from the UK and I don't think the same laws would work well in the US at all. There are far more guns in legal and illegal hands and the whole culture in the US is very different, especially for some people guns are very much a part of there culture. There certainly is not an easy solution or a solution I believe will fit countywide. Due to size and the varying different opinions and beliefs when it comes to guns for even people on the same street as each other I don't believe its a problem that will ever be "solved".

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    jonnyGURU forums, of course!
    Posts
    15,865
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    525
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    179
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

    Default

    I took a break from LTT and decided to try Tom's.....

    https://forums.tomshardware.com/thre...oling.3511378/

    Enhance isn't the best OEM and the Thermaltake Toughpower Gold is not a good PSU because it only has a 5 year warranty?

    Wow.

    And there's A LOT of Seasonic fan boys there too. Calling them "tier 1", not just in the tier list sense, but actually calling them a tier 1 manufacturer (like you would Delta, Chicony, etc.) Amazing. Just AMAZING.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Gerow For This Useful Post:

    Philipus II (2 Days Ago)

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,228
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    374
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    71
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

    Default

    Their forum is a joke, compared to their reviews.

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    jonnyGURU forums, of course!
    Posts
    15,865
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    525
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    179
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

    Default

    So one of the users' logic is, because Seasonic and Super Flower only make better grade PSUs and Enhance and CWT build to order anything from entry level to high end, that Seasonic and Super Flower are therefore better OEMs.

    Never mind that Seasonic and Super Flower outsource SMT and only have two assembly lines and therefore don't have the CAPACITY to produce anything but product with a high ASP.

    It's like... not only do these guys fail at understanding electronics, but they fail in understanding manufacturing processes and economics.

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Moderator
    Posts
    6,503
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    148
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gerow View Post
    Enhance isn't the best OEM and the Thermaltake Toughpower Gold is not a good PSU because it only has a 5 year warranty?
    Don't get me started - I still have my Rosewill Tokamak 1500W units because people saw "Rosewill" and "Enhance" and just assumed they weren't worth buying. Even at less than 1/3rd of retail.

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,531
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    34
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gerow View Post
    And there's A LOT of Seasonic fan boys there too. Calling them "tier 1", not just in the tier list sense, but actually calling them a tier 1 manufacturer (like you would Delta, Chicony, etc.) Amazing. Just AMAZING.
    Yeah, they're everywhere.

    Oh and even Wendell from Level1 Techs uses a certain Seasonic PSU thou shall not name in this video:


    God, can't that PSU just go away??

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    owoville
    Posts
    6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gerow View Post
    I took a break from LTT and decided to try Tom's.....

    https://forums.tomshardware.com/thre...oling.3511378/

    Enhance isn't the best OEM and the Thermaltake Toughpower Gold is not a good PSU because it only has a 5 year warranty?

    Wow.

    And there's A LOT of Seasonic fan boys there too. Calling them "tier 1", not just in the tier list sense, but actually calling them a tier 1 manufacturer (like you would Delta, Chicony, etc.) Amazing. Just AMAZING.
    Maybe you should have let them known , who they are talking too...

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    jonnyGURU forums, of course!
    Posts
    15,865
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    525
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    179
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hello_there_123 View Post
    Maybe you should have let them known , who they are talking too...
    Last time I did a "don't you know who I am", it didn't go so well.

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,531
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    34
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

    Default

    Those people don't care about your credentials, they are soo in their own world, that everything you say will be used against you.

    PS:
    http://www.pceva.com.cn/article/3911-2.html
    https://www.computerbase.de/2015-10/...uper-flower/4/

    Well, Seasonics never die when overloaded...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •