Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EVGA 750 G3 Problems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ken429 View Post
    Getting smarter but...still a little confused. My EVGA 750 G3'3 750 G2's and 850 G2's have four VGA connectors (and cables), 1 peripheral connector (and cable) and 3 SATA connectors (and cables). The mining rigs I have set up use 3 of the VGA cables to power the 1070 SC cards. I now have one SATA cable powering each 006c Riser Card. Based on one of the links above that setup should be okay. However, I don't know how I can eliminate the infamous 6-pin to SATA adapter cable that came with the Risers - I ran out of P/S connectors!
    You shouldn't have.. I don't think. Don't your 1070 cards have only one PCIe power connector on them? I didn't think 1070 cards, even "Super Clocked" used more than one. While each of your PSUs come with four PCIe cables, two of those should have two PCIe power connectors on them. I would rather use two PCIe power connectors over one PCIe and one SATA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That is a better idea than I was toying with - using two power supplies for each miner. I have at least six of the VGA cables with dual connectors so that will allow me to fix both miners - three 1070's on each. Minor problem with the cables is the distance between the two connectors is not long enough to reach from the riser board. I thought maybe you had come up with a reason to use the EVGA PowerLink adapters that B&H was "giving away" with the 1070 and 1080 cards but even then the VGA cable would not reach the riser board.

But...Amazon has the solution:
    https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters...s%2C144&sr=8-5

I'll order six of the extensions and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion I'll let you know how it turns out. Should get rid of a few cables as a bonus!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

leadex is not sold in the united states..unless u buy from maybe some oline etailer in maybe england, that ships internationally...they do seem like a quality psu made by sunflower....WONDER WHY THEY AVOID USA?
    https://www.super-flower.com.tw/index.php?lang=en

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ronss View Post
    leadex is not sold in the united states..unless u buy from maybe some oline etailer in maybe england, that ships internationally...they do seem like a quality psu made by sunflower....WONDER WHY THEY AVOID USA?
    Because Evga?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Who are you talking to? What question are you answering?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

made by sunflower....
    umm...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gerow View Post
    Who are you talking to? What question are you answering?
    sorry...should of quote phillip II

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I live in Germany. Here in Europe we have both Super Flower version and EVGA version available.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll order six of the extensions and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion I'll let you know how it turns out. Should get rid of a few cables as a bonus![/QUOTE]

Looks like our thread got hijacked!

Anyway, I switched one Miner (3-1070's) to use the dual VGA connector cables and it would appear after a little screwing around (I'm using WinETH.exe for a GUI and the program has a few issues identifying multiple Nvidia GPU's) but eventually it's back and running correctly with a few less wires. I also talked to EVGA technical support and asked them why they don't include a warning on using a SATA cable to connect multiple risers and I got the usual gibberish on how EVGA don't support Miners. It would seem to me it would save them having to replace P/S's with a ten year warranty when dummies like me do what I did!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ken429 View Post
    I'll order six of the extensions and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion I'll let you know how it turns out. Should get rid of a few cables as a bonus!
    Anyway, I switched one Miner (3-1070's) to use the dual VGA connector cables and it would appear after a little screwing around (I'm using WinETH.exe for a GUI and the program has a few issues identifying multiple Nvidia GPU's) but eventually it's back and running correctly with a few less wires. I also talked to EVGA technical support and asked them why they don't include a warning on using a SATA cable to connect multiple risers and I got the usual gibberish on how EVGA don't support Miners. It would seem to me it would save them having to replace P/S's with a ten year warranty when dummies like me do what I did!

Thought I was home free but...I got greedy and tried to reconfigure the Miners so that I would have six 1070's running from one ASRock Z97 Extreme6 MB. However, all the PCI slots on the MB are "dead" meaning the BIOS hangs as soon as I plug a riser card or a 1070 in any PCI slot! If I leave all the slots empty the system runs with no issues - onboard video, USB, M.2 and Sata connectors all work okay. If I plug a old NIC card in one of the PCI slots the BIOS does not hang and Windows boots recognizes the NIC card and runs okay??!

I tried all this on the second ASRock Z97 Extreme6 MB and it acted the same.

So, is it possible while I was burning up the EVGA Power Supplies on the two systems I was also destroying the MB PCI slots at least for Video Cards?

I've tried to contact ASRock but I think they just ignore any question on "old" hardware?! I've have also tried to communicate with Ubit (riser cards and 4 in 1 cards) and that is a joke. The answers I get from the Chinese seem like they are answering someone else's question.

Can someone please shed some light on what the the heck I did to create two screwed up MB's.
    Last edited by Jon Gerow; 1 Week Ago at 11:06 AM.