Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leadex 3 Gold 750 Review at Kitguru

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Rampkin View Post

As someone who didn't have any trouble with a Codegen from 2006 till 2018 (that thing was filled with HECs -- not as in Heroichi but as in Dongguan Probablydongguanbutmaybeguangzhou Veryobscure Doesnthaveawebsite Chemical Technology Co. Ltd. -- and no, it wasn't made by HEC ) and who didn't find visual faults with any Capxon inside his old insanely hot TP-Link wireless AP from 2008, I should probably keep my mouth shut Just wanted to point out that as with the previous Leadexes, there may be Capxons etc. in later batches, and that it shouldn't come as a surprise -- because we've been warned.
    And yup, I've heard that Japcaps aren't exactly Jap nowadays. Has been stated numerous times before this thread and long before I registered
    And to be frank, the one reason I'd still care about the "Japanese" word is the limbo that is still surrounding non-Japs. Everyone and their dog cherishes Teapo above other non-Japs these days but apparently, current production Teapos are no better than current production Su'scons, and both are worse than Elite. If true, It'll be funny to see some current production Teapos pop or ooze or dry out in 10-15 years before the "mediocre" Elites do the same
    what do you mean ? . I remember I only talk about " from japan" and " japanese brands" use in marketing brochure. why it so serious? in nowadays?
    //btw I have repair from 2007 until now I see some su'scon dead in cooler master , some teapo dead in hipro/xigmatek , and some nippon blow up in corsair psu . but not all dead because quality caps are bad so this not my point. guys

2. The Following User Says Thank You to asf14tomcat For This Useful Post:

Raven Rampkin (06-28-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asf14tomcat View Post
    what do you mean ? . I remember I only talk about " from japan" and " japanese brands" use in marketing brochure. why it so serious? in nowadays?
    //btw I have repair from 2007 until now I see some su'scon dead in cooler master , some teapo dead in hipro/xigmatek , and some nippon blow up in corsair psu . but not all dead because quality caps are bad so this not my point. guys
    Look at the smiley overload in my post Do not worry, I never take these things seriously. But sorry if it sounded harsh
    Yup, Japcaps won't save some gutless wonders currently available on the market.
    Fly on the wings of love corporate worshipping

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Raven Rampkin For This Useful Post:

asf14tomcat (06-28-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Rampkin View Post
    My Toshiba power brick states "Delta Electronics (Jiangsu) Ltd." It's probably not in the same league as Shenzhen, but still a prominent manufacturing hub.
    There's a lot of factories in Jiangsu. There's a lot of factories in Shenzhen. I wouldn't say one is better than the other. They're both port towns, so you know most of what's made is made for export.

Jiangsu is where that massive pesticide plant explosion was earlier this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Sorry, I didn't have quality in mind but production volume (or is it indeed moreless equal between the two cities?)
    Fly on the wings of love corporate worshipping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

They don't have as many lines in Jiangsu, but you don't need as much space to build power bricks. Desktop and server PSU production takes up a lot of space.

Also, multiple output PSUs require more elaborate test equipment than a single output power brick. So there's that.

Jiangsu or Shenzhen... I would take either.

The worst part of "location" when it comes to factories in China is getting people to come out to the port towns from the homes in the middle of the country. Every CNY we lose about 40% of our workforce because they go home and don't come back.

And you can't afford "locals" unless you're hiring a manager or higher position. Cost of living is too high in these towns. That's why the factories all have dorms.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon Gerow For This Useful Post:

Raven Rampkin (06-28-2019), rgbodosk (06-29-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gerow View Post
    Every CNY we lose about 40% of our workforce because they go home and don't come back.

I'm not sure the future is so bright

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Are margins really so low that you can't afford to hire locals?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by frewster View Post
    Are margins really so low that you can't afford to hire locals?
    LOL! To put the situation in context, it's like hiring your factory workers from San Francisco as opposed to the Midwest. :-D It's a HUGE difference in cost of living.
    Last edited by Jon Gerow; 06-29-2019 at 01:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Yeah, after CNY many workers simply don't return. Either because they don't come to the coast and stay in their home town int he middle of nowhere or they have job in another factory.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

TweakPC now has also published their review (German): https://www.tweakpc.de/hardware/test...i_gold/s01.php