Thread: Leadex 3 Gold 750 Review at Kitguru

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Default Leadex 3 Gold 750 Review at Kitguru

https://www.kitguru.net/components/p...w-2019-review/

Looks interesting.
    Seems to be similar to the EVGA G3 Series.

Looks pretty good.
    Even the Fan Noise seems to be good as well.
    Last edited by Jon Gerow; 06-27-2019 at 12:10 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stefan Payne For This Useful Post:

Philipus II (06-27-2019), Raven Rampkin (06-27-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I wonder... if Leadex = G2 and Leadex II = G3, then what will Leadex III morph into, will it be G3+ or G4?
    Also, "not compromising with the quality of their electrolytic & solid polymer capacitors on both primary and secondary stages" is probably temporary and for the first few batches span only SF guys are honest and true to their words though, as this is explicitly stated here: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lp/su...eadex-iii.html https://i.imgur.com/v5Zq06E.png
    Fly on the wings of love corporate worshipping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Rampkin View Post
    Someone should point out that there are no longer electrolytic capacitor factories in Taiwan and very few left in Japan.

Rubycons used in China are made in Indonesia. Panasonics are made in Malaysia. Nichicon and Chemi-Con are made in Jiangsu. Can't recall where the Hitachis are made. I need to look at a box next time I'm in China. Of course, the capacitors themselves NEVER have country of origin on them.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jon Gerow For This Useful Post:

crmaris (06-28-2019), Philipus II (06-27-2019), Raven Rampkin (06-28-2019), rgbodosk (06-28-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Leadex II is not the same as EVGA G3.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Philipus II For This Useful Post:

Jon Gerow (06-27-2019), Raven Rampkin (06-28-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gerow View Post
    Someone should point out that there are no longer electrolytic capacitor factories in Taiwan and very few left in Japan.

Rubycons used in China are made in Indonesia. Panasonics are made in Malaysia. Nichicon and Chemi-Con are made in Jiangsu.
    Got to confess, had to google where that is.
    best regards
    Tinpoint

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tinpoint View Post
    Weel, I could've just said "CHINA", but China is a big country.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Gerow For This Useful Post:

tinpoint (06-28-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

It made in china but with "japanese quality". it not same chengx or junfu. Iphone made in china but it not bad. Tektronix mdo/dpo made in china but it too awesome
    One of best marketing point is components come from good country because customers scared china quality. So i think they mean the country of the brands come from . not the capacitor made in somewhere

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asf14tomcat View Post
    It made in china but with "japanese quality". it not same chengx or junfu. Iphone made in china but it not bad. Tektronix mdo/dpo made in china but it too awesome
    One of best marketing point is components come from good country because customers scared china quality. So i think they mean the country of the brands come from . not the capacitor made in somewhere
    That's not my point.

Yes. The quality is good. But customers are mislead in thinking the caps are made in Japan or Taiwan. Especially if they use the words "from" Japan and Taiwan. They are NOT from Japan or Taiwan. They are "Japanese brand" or "Taiwanese brand", but they are not FROM Japan or Taiwan.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Gerow For This Useful Post:

tinpoint (06-28-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

come on. now is 2019 who is care this "from" . they/customers even't know how japcap beter than other country cap . they only care "japanese" word .
    Last edited by asf14tomcat; 06-28-2019 at 12:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by tinpoint View Post
    My Toshiba power brick states "Delta Electronics (Jiangsu) Ltd." It's probably not in the same league as Shenzhen, but still a prominent manufacturing hub.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gerow View Post
    This is a great point. Right now, I won't be surprised if e.g. Nippon Chemi (or whoever still has Japanese facilities) decides to launch a signature series or two called KMXXSuperDuper and KYXSuperDuper for 2x the standard price and with "YAY MADE IN NIPPON EXCERRENTU" slapped everywhere it can be As for Taiwan... didn't know that

Quote Originally Posted by asf14tomcat View Post
    come on. now is 2019 who is care this "from" . they/customers even't know how japcap beter than other country cap . they only care "japanese" word .
    As someone who didn't have any trouble with a Codegen from 2006 till 2018 (that thing was filled with HECs -- not as in Heroichi but as in Dongguan Probablydongguanbutmaybeguangzhou Veryobscure Doesnthaveawebsite Chemical Technology Co. Ltd. -- and no, it wasn't made by HEC ) and who didn't find visual faults with any Capxon inside his old insanely hot TP-Link wireless AP from 2008, I should probably keep my mouth shut Just wanted to point out that as with the previous Leadexes, there may be Capxons etc. in later batches, and that it shouldn't come as a surprise -- because we've been warned.
    And yup, I've heard that Japcaps aren't exactly Jap nowadays. Has been stated numerous times before this thread and long before I registered
    And to be frank, the one reason I'd still care about the "Japanese" word is the limbo that is still surrounding non-Japs. Everyone and their dog cherishes Teapo above other non-Japs these days but apparently, current production Teapos are no better than current production Su'scons, and both are worse than Elite. If true, It'll be funny to see some current production Teapos pop or ooze or dry out in 10-15 years before the "mediocre" Elites do the same
    Fly on the wings of love corporate worshipping