Thread: FSP Hydro G 750W vs Corsair Vengeance V650M — which one has the better value?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default FSP Hydro G 750W vs Corsair Vengeance V650M — which one has the better value?

Hey everyone,

I believe my power supply is dying—my computer shuts off and starts back up within a span of 2-3 seconds, time of usage leading to the shutdowns can either be a couple of minutes after starting the computer or a couple of hours—so, completely random. I've ruled out overheating and RAM issues, and I've also re-flashed my UEFI and changed my CMOS battery, that didn't help at all, leading me to believe that either the power supply or the motherboard have gone off the rails. Regardless of what's causing the issue, my current PSU is a no-name from a pre-built PC (not very smart decisions from a couple of years ago) and a replacement should have happened a long time ago.

Anyways, to cut to the chase:

I can get an FSP Hydro G 750W for 70 €, while I can get a Corsair Vengeance V650M for 80 €, both new and unused. Which one do you think has the better value? Just to give more info, I'm fine with both 650W and 750W, the semi-modularity of the Corsair Vengeance doesn't bother me either; I'm asking from a unit quality perspective.
    Last edited by Luka B; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

You sure it's a FSP Hydro G 750W? Because normally that one isn't 70 euro, but double of that. If it is a FSP Hydro G 750W then it's the better one.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to -The_Mask- For This Useful Post:

Luka B (3 Weeks Ago)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah: https://www.kupujemprodajem.com/Komp...4259-oglas.htm (this one has been imported from Hungary and is exactly 70 €, also comes with a warranty apparently)
    http://www.monitor.rs/napajanja/750W-FSP-HYDRO-G-750 9.245,00 RSD = 78.42 € (from a retailer as an example, although I'll be buying from the above site anyways as our retailers have incredibly poor selections that ebay-like sites with reputable sellers who import from Hungary are the better option)
    Last edited by Luka B; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Send an eMail and ask them if its the Hydro G and not GE.
    If it is G, BUY IT, if its GE -> AVOID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep, I'll do that.

Thanks!