Thread: Seasonic Focus Gold 650W + Asus Strix 970 Black Screen, High CPU Usage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Seasonic Focus Gold 650W + Asus Strix 970 Black Screen, High CPU Usage

Hi!

I have just installed my new Seasonic Focus Gold 650W PSU and I'm experiencing some very frustrating issues ever since. I'm pretty much unable to game at all. When launching a game like CS:GO I might be able to play for 2-3 hours before my monitor goes black, the sound of the game and the sound of people in TeamSpeak is still working, even if I use my mouse or keyboard I hear this in-game. The only way though to get the monitor to start working again is to reset my PC. I've noticed just as the monitor is going black the sound also "stutters" for 1 brief moment.

However, when playing a more demanding game I get black screen after just 30 seconds, often in the menu.

What I've tried so far:
    Uninstalled graphics driver
    Reinstalled graphics driver
    Tried another monitor
    Increased fan speeds
    Underclocking GPU (could be in game a bit longer before crash)
    Tried another PSU (worked perfectly)

Setup:
    ASUS Z97 Pro gamer motherboard
    i7-4770k
    Asus Strix 970 4GB
    Seasonic Focus Gold 650W
    8GB RAM

I just wonder if the PSU is faulty at all? I've read on some forums that more people are experiencing this kind of issue with just this combo like myself; Strix 970 + Focus Gold series. Can someone here confirm this? I feel a bit sad now because I live in Sweden and I don't know when to expect some answers from Seasonic customer service, haven't heard from them yet. My old PSU that I tried sounds terrible as the fan's not working so well. I don't know if they can ship me a new PSU or as I read in other forums, they could send out new PCI-e cables with even more shielding(?) which may solve the problem.

Sorry for bad english!
    Best Regards,
    EB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,

Thank you for your message and sorry for this issue.

If not yet done, please kindly send us an email and we will gladly assist you on this to fix this issue.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience it may have caused.
    Best Regards,