Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PSU newbie here, Is FSP Hydro GE 650w good?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seasmy View Post
    Guys i just thought that cause basic commerce like fsp making it's own psu it doesn't has to add a price tag on top of the production cost to give it to some company and then to the consumer
    Nah... What really happens is FSP makes twice as much money on the product. They don't pass any savings to the customer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
    Nah... What really happens is FSP makes twice as much money on the product. They don't pass any savings to the customer.
    Oh :x Well that's a shame

Quote Originally Posted by ashiekh View Post
    Can you get your bust power supply repaired?
    It probably can but during the 5 years I used it I never opened it up but when it died I was examining it and noticed the warranty void if removed sticker was torn apart and the screws were pretty banged up so yeah it must've been repaired once or twice by the previous owner of the psu so I never thought about getting it repaired again cause I want to upgrade my pc later and investing in a psu now seems like a better idea to me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PSU arrived today and while installing it I came to the 12v 4pin connector and I couldn't find it in the box and I'm like fuck I screwed up the psu doesn't have a 4 pin connector and then I started panicking and looking inside the box to see if my eyes are just deceiving me and nope I can't frikken find it apart from this 8 pin connector maybe its for a gpu or something idk and I'm looking at it like damn what now and then it hit me , THE 8 PIN CONNECTOR CAN BE TAKEN APART INTO 4X2 CONNECTORS and then all was well
    Thank you guys for helping me <3 I installed the PSU but haven't turned the system on yet cause had to go to work but I looked at the manual and connected everything where it was suppose to be just one small question should the PSU fan be underneath the casing where it blow's the air out or inside it? currently my casing has a outign underneath the psu and I put my casing ontop of a wooden board with rubber wheels on it so it's a flat surface so it has around 5cm clearance is that enough?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Yeah, that clearance is enough and better than what most people have. Putting the PSU fan-down is correct. The fan is also sucking air into the PSU, not blowing out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Yeah, that clearance is enough and better than what most people have. Putting the PSU fan-down is correct. The fan is also sucking air into the PSU, not blowing out.
    Oh so if I put it fan up I have a fan in a the front that blows fan directly at the psu would that be for more efficiency?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seasmy View Post
    Guys i just thought that cause basic commerce like fsp making it's own psu it doesn't has to add a price tag on top of the production cost to give it to some company and then to the consume

It is not a good idea to compete against the people selling your own product.