Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SF600 Platinum cable extensions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Unhappy [SOLVED] SF600 Platinum cable extensions or replacements

Hi everyone,

I'd really love to put my heart at peace since where I'm located warranty isn't that much of an option(the shipment would cost me an eye ), so I'd like to be sure that I won't fry anything, nor I'll loose something in the long run.

The problem is that the cables I have on the SF600 platinum aren't long enough (ATX case, they included a SFX-TO-ATX bracket so I thought I should go with it), so my viable option would be to buy extension cables.
    Are these : https://www.amazon.com/EZDIY-Sleeved...ay&sr=8-3&th=1 or
    these https://www.amazon.com/Clovertale-Sl...gateway&sr=8-4 compatible for this specific PSU?

I checked out this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opFTzO1s1WA (maybe it has nothing to do with this) but it got me scared enough to try look for another PSU, but with the Huang whatever that Seasonic is shipping , I'm quite at odds...

I asked the compatibility option different times on Amazon (on the comment section of the sleeved cables extensions) and everyone answered each time that it has nothing to do and it's safe to use them, but when I looked for replacement or extensions I saw a tight list of Corsair's compatibility which makes me wondering. (they are almost as expensive as I got the PSU itself, so it's not an option).
    There's as well the video above with the pins & stuff..

I'd love an expert or experienced user opinion on this. Best would be if someone already have tried something similar.
    Please don't be shy to elaborate.

SOLUTION
    SKU CP-8920217 (mine are white since the case is white, you can go for something else. These are replacement cables, not extensions (which is another thing).
    IMPORTANT: you may want to go for another set if you need more of them (these are 4 cables). The pro set has a wider range.
    As far as I understood, going for extensions (whatever brand / quality) is not a good idea.
    Last edited by theresearcher; 04-02-2019 at 05:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Why did you bought a SFX power supply if you have a ATX case?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

They included a sfx-to-atx compatibility bracket which made me think that it should be alright. But, the cables were to short.
    I did research if there was a problem (generally) and the reply was that it doesn't really matter power wise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

SFX power supplies are more expensive as a similar ATX power supply. And like you already noticed the cables are shorter.

Can't you send it back?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

No, and for the price I got it I wouldn't find anything cheaper. I got it for around 78$ (special discount), so it's quite something for the power it can deliver, performance etc...

Any idea if there's a problem using the extensions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I'm not a fan, I've seen many problems with those extension cables.

Which cables are to short?

78 dollar isn't that special if your in the USA, for less there much better deals every month on Newegg for example.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theresearcher View Post
    Any idea if there's a problem using the extensions?
    What God forsaken island do you live on where you'd have to get extensions instead of proper cables?

Which cables are too short? Just the 24-pin? Just the EPS12V? Or all of them?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Gerow For This Useful Post:

theresearcher (04-02-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
    What God forsaken island do you live on where you'd have to get extensions instead of proper cables?

Which cables are too short? Just the 24-pin? Just the EPS12V? Or all of them?

No, all of them (well, except the sata cable which is alright since the sata slot is near the PSU in my case).
    If you can point something right on Amazon I can try that to, but I'm on a tight budget, and the spending 70$+ on some cables for me it's quite insane.
    EDIT: I mean check this 90$ set https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-CP-89...ateway&sr=8-14 and it still doesn't come with a 24pin and you'd need +25$ for that to.

Add the shipping costs (+60$) and the VAT here and that's basically a new PSU
    Last edited by theresearcher; 04-02-2019 at 03:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theresearcher View Post
    Add the shipping costs (+60$) and the VAT here and that's basically a new PSU
    Again. We don't know where "here" is. That's why I said "God forsaken island". In your attempt to be clever, you put "Kernel" as your location. Last I checked, "Kernel" wasn't a country.

Can you understand the frustration now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Haha , I'm in Albania/southern europe / balkan, it's not yet in EU so everything shipped inhere from abroad is expensive, and there's not much of PC components around to go with so buying locally isn't an option.
    In any case I can buy it on a EU country and have it sent to me which will be quite cheaper, however the question remains, which cables should I be using for my PSU.