Thread: How are refurbished Corsair AX i-series PSUs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How are refurbished Corsair AX i-series PSUs?

I know Corsair uses various OEMs to manufacture their PSUs and I do like many of Corsair's products. I see that AXi series has link/iCUE integration and that it can read the current from each PCIe and EPS cable. From what I can tell it looks they added a ax1600i, though that is more power than what I need. I see a lot of refurbished units for sale for the AX*i. I am curious how good the quality checks are on these things? The only thing that has me concerned is the 1 year "warranty" on refurbished PSUs. I have bought a few refurbished items from Corsair and been happy, though wondering about the ax*i PSUs? Is the low warranty period just SOP for most companies that sell refurbished products or does it reflect the confidence in the refurbished product?

Also anyone know if the AX integration for iCUE is as in depth as it was for Link?

Love this site and thanks in advance!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

It depends on the seller. The PSU itself is a high quality one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -The_Mask- View Post
    It depends on the seller. The PSU itself is a high quality one.
    It says the following on Amazon:

CORSAIR OUTLET is a marketplace store owned by CORSAIR. Purchase with confidence that you are purchasing from the manufacturer!
    I assuming that this is legit. Granted it states 90 day warranty on this site, though on Corsair's site it states 1 year. Maybe the 90 day is boiler plate Amazon? I know Corsair has their own refurbished site.