Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will my LC power 600 watt psu work on this config?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrximusOG View Post
    Im thinking that GPC-600S from Chieftec would be best buy atm for me.Its more then enough power for that config i want.
    It's not the best buy ATM. I think you should consider the Mask's suggestion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

But in shop i posted they cannot get me those 2.Idk why are those even on site.Chief is giving me 45a for both cpu and gpu,its 80% eff so it like 430 w for both.My cpu is not using above 100w so there is plenty of power for my gpu.Thats why i wanted that chief that they can get me in 2 days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

But in shop i posted they cannot get me those 2.Idk why are those even on site.Chief is giving me 45a for both cpu and gpu,its 80% eff so it like 430 w for both.My cpu is not using above 100w so there is plenty of power for my gpu.Thats why i wanted that chief that they can get me in 2 days.
    It's a shitty PSU.

Shop elsewhere if that's the best option where you're shopping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can u give me more info why is it a shitty one? Cause mask's 2 that he posted are total overkill for my config.Like 150w more power that i dont need.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Can u give me more info why is it a shitty one? Cause mask's 2 that he posted are total overkill for my config.Like 150w more power that i dont need.
    You shouldn't only be looking at wattage. Wattage is not what makes a PSU better. Yes, those PSUs are higher wattage, but they're QUALITY BUILT. It's like if you bought a Yugo. Yeah, it seats four. But how long is that car going to last. A Honda Civic Coupe only sits two comfortably, but at least it will out last the Yugo.

The Chieftec GPC-600S is a 230V only, double forward, no DC to DC PSU filled with questionable brand capacitors and a sleeve bearing fan. It's only slightly better than what you already have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

The lower you go in price, the shittier the PSU gets.
    ~500W PSU go from like 20 to 120 with a fan and up to 200 without.

Same with your drill, you can get something for like 20 or so or something for 200 or even more than that.
    The reason is more obvious there: stronger plastic for example the more expensive ones should be fiber glass reinforced. So even if you move your car over it, it might not break.

Its similar for PSU as well. You have different kinds of how to buld a PSU, different quality parts.
    The most obvious is the fan. THe cheap ones have a fan that cost next to nothing and also last as long.
    The good ones have a fan that should outlast the unit.

And with cheap PSU you get a cheap piece of junk in most cases that should be avoided at all cost as it has shitty voltages, bad voltage regulation, protections are also mostly not there.

In short: If you want to keep your stuff longer, you listen to us.
    If you do not care about the components and don't mind them beeing killed sooner rather than later, it doesn't matter...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Yes they are overkill, but the reason for the recommendation is based on quality, performance and price, not on power. If for example a FSP Hexa 85+ 450W was available I would recommended that one, but you don't have that option. Your options are just really limited and those two are the cheapest ones that are recommended for a PC like yours.

Edit: is this site an option?
    https://www.gigatron.rs/napajanja/fs...__ha350-138611
    https://www.gigatron.rs/napajanja/fsp_napajanje_450w_hexa_85_serija__ha450-138614

If the RX 570 (and future graphics card) only needs one 6 pins PEG connector the 350W is enough, otherwise get the 450W version.
    Last edited by -The_Mask-; 03-02-2019 at 08:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is https://www.emmi.rs/napajanja-i-doda...roductId=78886 . Its not 85 bronze like the one u posted earlier but its still 80% and fsp quality

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

There is https://www.emmi.rs/napajanja-i-doda...roductId=78886 . Its not 85 bronze like the one u posted earlier but its still 80% and fsp quality
    It's a totally different PSU, not an interesting one. The ones I named are really the cheapest interesting ones you find on emmi.rs. But is gigatron.rs an option? See my edit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I buy all my stuff in emmi and gigatron is overprize on all things that can be found.They are killing with prizes.Its real mess this psu world, same manufacturer just other series of product and one is awesome and other is bullcrap xD What a fiesta