Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: any way to fix critical RM1000x flaw? (modify default fan speed))

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asf14tomcat View Post
    take the hair dryer and blow into your psu air intake .
    Yep. This.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

welp...on the plus side the fan does spin for a few seconds on start. barely audible even up close which means (in other words they could've left it at that speed by default even on low setting, the fact that they didn't that alone is bloody suspicious)

on the down side - try as I could I couldn't get the fan to trigger with the hairdryer
    I tried with the dryer on the 3rd setting - the one that's dragonfire hot & causes the inside of the dryer to glow red (the setting that shouldn't be used on hair dunno why they included it) but even then the fan wouldn't budge

can't say I'm to surprised really cause it's one thing to thermally regulate the speed of a fan that's already running - but a thermal switch to get a something to start in the first place, this tends to be more...unreliable & fragile
    plus they probably used some **** sensor or something this is CWT after all not Seasonic (Corsair sometimes outsources to Seasonic dunno why they didn't do it for the RMx units)

so yeah definitely gonna put this **** on sale can't risk using it this reeks of a time bomb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cossack View Post
    welp...on the plus side the fan does spin for a few seconds on start. barely audible even up close which means (in other words they could've left it at that speed by default even on low setting, the fact that they didn't that alone is bloody suspicious)

on the down side - try as I could I couldn't get the fan to trigger with the hairdryer
    I tried with the dryer on the 3rd setting - the one that's dragonfire hot & causes the inside of the dryer to glow red (the setting that shouldn't be used on hair dunno why they included it) but even then the fan wouldn't budge

can't say I'm to surprised really cause it's one thing to thermally regulate the speed of a fan that's already running - but a thermal switch to get a something to start in the first place, this tends to be more...unreliable & fragile
    plus they probably used some **** sensor or something this is CWT after all not Seasonic (Corsair sometimes outsources to Seasonic dunno why they didn't do it for the RMx units)

so yeah definitely gonna put this **** on sale can't risk using it this reeks of a time bomb
    Jesus Christ. You are thick. Pack up all your parts and sell them.

The fact that you think that they intentionally built the PSU to die prematurely is mind blowing. It lacks any and all logic.

Are you a flat Earther? Do you think we never landed on the moon? Is Mars a wandering star.

Fuck.
    Last edited by Jon Gerow; 04-05-2019 at 01:52 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jon Gerow For This Useful Post:

McSteel (12-28-2018), Orion (12-28-2018), rafal_iB_PL (01-03-2019)