Thread: PSU Recommendation i7 8700+GTX 1060 6GB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Arrow PSU Recommendation i7 8700+GTX 1060 6GB

Greetings,

I'm building a new PC (am reusing some parts from my old pc) and I'm not sure which PSU to pick.

$ 152 EVGA 750W G3 (Review on this sites says it's good, but seasonic 850 is cheaper)
    $ 94 EVGA 550W G3 (I can't find a review in this site, but there are other sites that say it's good)
    $ 123 Seasonic Focus 850W (Available at physical store, I think there was a 650W and 750W but the difference in price was small)

I think these where the best from these stores from PerĂº.
    http://www.impacto.com.pe/web/index....33produ_catego
    https://www.memorykings.com.pe/subca...tes-accesorios

My PC should end like this https://pcpartpicker.com/list/m3wQfH

I would like to get a 600W titanium or platinium but I can't find any. 850W is the lowest, but I think they are too expensive. Not worth it or am I wrong? I don't want to expend more than $150 on this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's a shame nobody answered, it seems like this forum is unpopulated lately

back to your question

even the 550W is plenty for that computer and a couple of upgrades

heck I would dare to say 400W is enough but you don't find a lot of good low-wattage options specially in latinoamerica

if you find seasonic fanless units they would be nice

BTW I don't recommend H370 boards they make little sense, go for Z370 if you plan to overclock, B360 if you don't

and I would buy a better GPU, even if I have to cut corners on the other parts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You are right. There´s no good low-wattage options with certification. I only found seasonic focus and prime starting at 650W.

I am not interested in OC. My old PC was a i7 950 with a GTX 1060 and I never felt the necessity to OC. I gave away my PC to my mother to read e-mail, use office and surf the internet. But I replaced the 1060 with a 460 (I had 2 unused 460). So am going to build a new PC with the 1060 and I will upgrade later.

The reason why am picking a h370 is because local stores are selling the b360 higher.

MB MSI H370 GAMING PRO CARBON = $ 164.00
    MB MSI B360 GAMING PRO CARBON = $ 176.00

Also, I was with the idea to buy a ryzen 2700, but here its price is higher than i7-8700.

I really want to buy a Seasonic PSU, but one customer said in a forum that he had to return it twice because it was faulty. He bought it in the same wholesaler I am goint to buy.

https://www.peruhardware.net/temas/p...s-850w.283972/

I am waiting the new stock of NXZT H500 to arrive (by the end of august). So I still have time to change my mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

You don't need no 750W, 550W is more than enough.

And even with higher prices, I'd probably go with Ryzen anyway for various reasons.
    a) you might probably use the 10nm AMD CPU, while that is probably not the Case with Intel
    b)It is a viable alternative right now and should be supported
    c) the not soldered Heatspreader on higher performance Chips seems to cause Problems with the Temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila_Burp View Post
    I really want to buy a Seasonic PSU, but one customer said in a forum that he had to return it twice because it was faulty. He bought it in the same wholesaler I am goint to buy.
    Why are you so focused on one manufacturer?
    Everyone has the same opportunity, hell even you and I can get all of the Parts - minus PCB - needed to make a decent PSU off of Digikey and Mouser. And everyone else has also access to the same bin of parts...

As for the FAN:
    I know people who returned the PSU 4-5 times before they replaced it with a different model because of the fan.
    It seems to be a design decision from Seasonic...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I already know 500w is enough. However, for 29 bucks more I can get 10 years warranty (850w) instead of 7 years (550w). i guess, if it last 10 years, it was a good psu for $123. i will get de focus+ or the prime if i see a good deal from an authorized retailer.

I changed my mind and I will go for the ryzen as you said. Am waiting for new stock to arrive.