Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Techdeals Seasonic Airtouch 850w "Review"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Default Techdeals Seasonic Airtouch 850w "Review"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y4b6ZmRHRE&t=73s

So he even claims it's not a technical review, but the amount of misinformation in there is quite amusing...
    Just some nerd from 'Straya

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by awesomegamer919 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y4b6ZmRHRE&t=73s

So he even claims it's not a technical review, but the amount of misinformation in there is quite amusing...
    Even so it is a Nice unit. Still hard to convince me to buy a nicer one though when the average ok unit is all that's needed and quite better some quality across a bunch too.
    Ryzen 2600x 4.3 1.375v, Loop
    MSI X470 Gaming Plus
    Evga SuperSC 3200mhz CL15
    PNY NVME 480gb
    Reference Vega 56
    WD Blue 1tb
    Cooler Master GX II Pro 750w

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

As one of the reasons to buy Seasonic instead of EVGA, he says:
    [points to Seasonic]
    Made by Seasonic.
    [points to EVGA]
    Not actually made by EVGA; made by Super Flower.
    I sometimes see this on forums too, when somebody says "I only buy PSUs from brands who actually manufacture them" "Even if I can get an identical rebranded unit cheaper, I'll still buy from the source"

Always wondered why people care about that. I only see it said by people who just learned what an "OEM" means, or who don't know what's important in power supplies beyond capacitors' brand country and efficiency.

Going back to the youtuber, he mentions efficiency doesn't indicate quality which is nice, but he also says "from looking at reviews on places like Jonnyguru, Air Touch is better built and has better components". As far as I know, there are no reviews of Air Touch yet, not even internal pictures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post

I sometimes see this on forums too, when somebody says "I only buy PSUs from brands who actually manufacture them" "Even if I can get an identical rebranded unit cheaper, I'll still buy from the source"

Always wondered why people care about that. I only see it said by people who just learned what an "OEM" means, or who don't know what's important in power supplies beyond capacitors' brand country and efficiency.
    And SuperFlower has also made some great units. And Evga boards are top Notch as well. Their still about in the few that can be pitted against Asus.
    MSI X470 Gaming Plus
    PNY NVME 480gb
    Reference Vega 56
    WD Blue 1tb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post

Going back to the youtuber, he mentions efficiency doesn't indicate quality which is nice, but he also says "from looking at reviews on places like Jonnyguru, Air Touch is better built and has better components". As far as I know, there are no reviews of Air Touch yet, not even internal pictures.
    I can kinda get it from a consumer perspective... if it was FSP/Delta/Lite-On/AcBel etc, but Seasonic? That's like saying "I only get Corsair PSUs because they have their own engineers", sure, they do, but they only play part of the whole process and ultimately they don't build the PSU, others do. As for the platform, given the name i'd assume a modified PRIME, but that's nothing but an assumption/educated guess...
    Last edited by awesomegamer919; 07-31-2018 at 04:43 AM.
    Just some nerd from 'Straya

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by awesomegamer919 View Post
    I can kinda get it from a consumer perspective... if it was FSP/Delta/Lite-On/AcBel etc, but Seasonic? That's like saying "I only get Corsair PSUs because they have their own engineers", sure, they do, but they only play part of the whole process and ultimately they don't build the PSU, others do.
    As well FSP and Delta have made some Strong units. I do not know some are like and were like that and would only ever get or use a Seasonic.
    MSI X470 Gaming Plus
    PNY NVME 480gb
    Reference Vega 56
    WD Blue 1tb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

People seem to think that Power Supplies are the only market where most brands don't manufacture their own products

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by breixobaloca View Post
    People seem to think that Power Supplies are the only market where most brands don't manufacture their own products
    Yeah it's been in everything before it seems like.
    MSI X470 Gaming Plus
    PNY NVME 480gb
    Reference Vega 56
    WD Blue 1tb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Yeah they totally do think that! The thought of iPhones not being made in an Apple factory, or motherboards not being made by the brand, or nVidia/AMD chips not being made in an nVidia/AMD factory must be a nightmare.

cheapie is offline That weird furry girl they warned you about
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hah, if only people knew how many brands PLDS manufactures, or at least used to manufacture, optical drives for: AOpen, Teac, Lite-On (they're owned by Lite-On), Sony, Plextor, HP, Asus, MSI, Philips, BenQ...

I kinda get a feel of this sort of thing first-paw too, seeing as how I work for an electronics factory (yes, we still have those in the US) that makes products for several different companies. Without naming any of the actual customers, I will say that among them are an elevator company and a fire alarm company, both of which designed their boards, have us make them, and then they sell them under their own brand.