Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me choose the right PSU

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Arrow Help me choose the right PSU

Hello!

As you can probably understand from the title I need your advice about what psu I should get for the following PC:

Motherboard: MSI H370 Gaming Pro Carbon

CPU: Intel i5-8600 (non-K)

Graphics Card : Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 4gb TI OC
    RAM:Crucial Ballistix Sport LT Gray 8GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16 Dual Channel Kit
    SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Series 250 GB PCI Express x4 M.2 2280
    CPU Cooler :CoolerMaster Hyper 212X
    Case:Corsair Carbide Clear 400C
    HDD:Some 7.2k rpm 1TB (haven't picked that one yet)
    Fans : 5x be quiet! Pure wings 2 140mm

I will not overclock neither the CPU or the GPU.
    The website i'm using for getting my parts is :https://www.pcgarage.ro/surse/ -the link is straight to psu page (for some reason it doesn't have a English version
    I'm looking to spend around 250-400 RON on a psu.I don't want something fancy,super-quiet or anything like that,i just want it to work properly and not to create any kind of problems.

Thank you very much and sorry for my bad English.

Last edited by Jon Gerow; 06-17-2018 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention my location...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

https://www.pcgarage.ro/surse/season...lus-gold-450w/
    Is it legal for stores in your country to reduce warranty period?

Garantie comerciala: 60 luni
    Garantie de conformitate: 24 luni
    https://seasonic.com/focus-gold#specification
    SSR-450FM
    Warranty 7 Years
    Last edited by omgfire; 06-17-2018 at 05:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by omgfire View Post
    I have absolutely no idea about that ,but, all of the main pc-parts stores do that,so it might actually be legal.Thank you for the advice!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    207 Posts

Seriously?

I feel like I have to address this two or three times daily. It's amazing how many people misunderstand warranty terms.

They're not reducing the product's warranty. A customer's warranty is implied by the manufacturer. What you see on the website is how long the reseller will support the product. Beyond that, you have to send the product back to the manufacturer.

If the government allows it, a store could say a product that has a 10 year warranty has a 10 day warranty. That doesn't mean after 10 days you're stuck with a paper weight if it dies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
    Seriously?

I feel like I have to address this two or three times daily. It's amazing how many people misunderstand warranty terms.

If the government allows it, a store could say a product that has a 10 year warranty has a 10 day warranty.
    That's that I meant. I am sorry, if my post was unclear. And you did not address whether government of Romania allow it or not. Seriously.
    The idea was to warn alexoprisan, that while Seasonic 450FM comes with 7 years warranty, reseller support may be shorter. Another possibility is that reseller is obliged to offer full length warranty by law, but declares shorter warranty to misinform customers and reduce amount of warranty cases.
    Last edited by omgfire; 06-17-2018 at 08:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Romania is EU member, in EU retailer's warranty is required to be at least 2 years.

If product craps out after that period, but still within manufacturer's warranty period, you just send it to manufacturer without going to retailer, as it's no longer retailer's responsibility to handle this.

There is nothing misleading by retailer, you just have to know these are two separate issues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    207 Posts

Another possibility is that reseller is obliged to offer full length warranty by law, but declares shorter warranty to misinform customers and reduce amount of warranty cases.
    There is no law in any country on this planet that obligates a reseller to honor any manufacturer's warranty for the full warranty period. Period.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is no law in any country on this planet that obligates a reseller to honor any manufacturer's warranty for the full warranty period. Period.
    http://www.consultant.ru/document/co...9cce534ccacd7/

Таким образом, если гарантийный срок на товар установлен изготовителем, то в договоре купли - продажи с учетом пункта 7 статьи 5 Закона "О защите прав потребителей" продавец вправе установить гарантийный срок на товар только большей продолжительности, чем установленный изготовителем товара.

Thus, if the warranty period for the goods is set by the manufacturer, in the contract of sale and purchase, subject to paragraph 7 of Article 5 of the Law "On Protection of Consumers' Rights", the seller has the right to establish a warranty period for a product only longer than the manufacturer specified.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    207 Posts

I'm sure I'm reading that the same way you're reading that, but it doesn't seem very realistic.

I would love to ask a Russian reseller for clarity. It's unfair to the reseller to expect them to accept a product back from a customer 5, 7 or even 10 years after the sale.

I wonder if it's confusion over verbiage. For example: The way resellers say products in other regions have "two year warranty", most people think that the product ONLY has a two year warranty without any further recourse with the manufacturer. This leaves many customers ignorant.

In Russia, they could be saying that the reseller must communicate the actual manufacturer warranty (not that they even state "manufacturer specified") and no less, but this doesn't necessarily mean that the product has to be supported by the reseller.

If in Russia they actually require the reseller to support the product throughout the warranty term, this is actually bad for the consumer. I'll explain.

To set a hard timeline, like they do in the EU, and say "two years" is better because if the product has 1 year, 2 year, 5 year, etc., the customer only needs to know that they can go back to their reseller within two years REGARDLESS of the actual manufacturer's warranty.

If the reseller is obligated to support the product for the entire period of the warranty, this discourages resellers from carrying products with longer warranties because it cuts into THEIR profits to support products after three, five, etc. years. If given a hard "two year rule", a reseller knows that a previous sale is completely off their books after two years. They can forecast a potential 2 to 3% return rate and factor that into the product's overall profitability. A reseller is not going to want to factor in the potential return of a product 10 years after the sale of said product. If this actually the case, this could be why I don't see many high end units in Russia and why the selection of PSUs seems to be dominated by mostly garbage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

in Russia they actually require the reseller to support the product throughout the warranty term
    That is the case. You can read rest of the law.
    For example when I bought last PSU, store gave me 3 years warranty. After purchase, I informed the store that manufacturer's warranty is 7 years for this PSU. The store have changed theirs warranty to 7 years for me.

If the reseller is obligated to support the product for the entire period of the warranty, this discourages resellers from carrying products with longer warranties because it cuts into THEIR profits to support products after three, five, etc. years.
    In Russia, many resellers solve this problem by misinforming customers about warranty period. As far as I know, there is no law penalty for misinforming customers about actual warranty period required by law.