Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: EVGA SuperNova G3 750w or Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750w / Which one should I get

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,542
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    387
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    165
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

    Default

    Yes the new RM750x is 2 cm shorter.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to -The_Mask- For This Useful Post:

    SneakyTech007 (03-26-2018)

  3. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    jonnyGURU forums, of course!
    Posts
    16,462
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    556
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    391
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SneakyTech007 View Post
    I'm a little skeptical about where I bought it from because I have never heard of the retailer, Micro Center...
    You're American right? Because to say you've never heard of MicroCenter is like saying you've never heard of McDonald's.

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Coconut Creek, FL
    Posts
    7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
    You're American right? Because to say you've never heard of MicroCenter is like saying you've never heard of McDonald's.
    Of Course. Lol! I'm for real. I'm born and raised in South Florida and we have never had one here that I know of. Good to know they are well known to others.

    Well thank you and everyone here who have helped with their input. The last piece of my build has been ordered, the power supply. I will let you all know how it goes. Thanks!

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,264
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    327
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
    You're American right? Because to say you've never heard of MicroCenter is like saying you've never heard of McDonald's.
    I thought Microcenters are only up north whereas Fry's used to be down south.

  6. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Missouri; USA
    Posts
    5,121
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    422
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    31
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turkey3_scratch View Post
    I thought Microcenters are only up north whereas Fry's used to be down south.
    It's more of a West Coast (Frys) and East Coast (Microcenter) thing.

    Though you definitely have MCs basically all over the US right now, not limited to a particular coast.
    Down south and some of the mid-west used to be Tiger Direct's territory.

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Coconut Creek, FL
    Posts
    7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tator Tot View Post
    It's more of a West Coast (Frys) and East Coast (Microcenter) thing.

    Though you definitely have MCs basically all over the US right now, not limited to a particular coast.
    Down south and some of the mid-west used to be Tiger Direct's territory.
    Tiger Direct aka CompUSA is what we had down here in South Florida. To bad most if not all of their Brick & Mortar stores closed.

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    jonnyGURU forums, of course!
    Posts
    16,462
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    556
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    391
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SneakyTech007 View Post
    Tiger Direct aka CompUSA is what we had down here in South Florida. To bad most if not all of their Brick & Mortar stores closed.
    Yeah. I think Tiger had the South pretty saturated. When they went out of business, nobody moved in to take over the void.

    Shame really. Shipping to Florida can take a while from guys like Newegg, etc.

    Hank should expand to make Performance PCs (based in Palm Bay, FL) an East Coast PC Mega Store.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tator Tot View Post
    It's more of a West Coast (Frys) and East Coast (Microcenter) thing.
    Actually, we used to have MicroCenter in California too. They recently closed them all down. Too bad because Fry's suuuuuuuuuuuucks. At least we have Central Computer, though. I do like them.

  9. #18
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Missouri; USA
    Posts
    5,121
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    422
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    31
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
    Actually, we used to have MicroCenter in California too. They recently closed them all down. Too bad because Fry's suuuuuuuuuuuucks. At least we have Central Computer, though. I do like them.
    Fry's has some really good in-store deals from time to time. They're better than Tiger Direct ever was; At least in comparison to the store that was in my neck of the woods (Springfield IL.)

    The local Microcenter definitely has them all beat so far. Best PC shop to have in an area bar none.

Similar Threads

  1. Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W Review
    By Oklahoma Wolf in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-03-2018, 03:25 PM
  2. Seasonic Prime Titanium 750W (not ultra)
    By prince1 in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-30-2018, 12:44 PM
  3. EVGA Announces NEX SuperNOVA 650w & 750w Gold models (+750w Bronze model)
    By Tator Tot in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-24-2012, 07:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •